The Forest Research Institute (FRI) a wholly-owned subsidiary of Forest Laboratories, Inc. drives the scientific research and development behind Forest's top-quality therapies that help people lead healthier, more fulfilling lives. With operations in Jersey City, NJ and on Long Island, plus clinical trial personnel across the country, the Institute's highly skilled professionals enable Forest to license compounds at virtually any stage from preclinical development to products that are ready for FDA review and then complete the development and regulatory work to successfully bring vital new therapies to market. Each of Forest's more than 5,000 employees including our 1,000 person strong Research Institute contributes to our quest to deliver quality products with entrepreneurial spirit, integrity and deep respect for people and community. Explore your potential to thrive with a career at Forest.
Our 49 Mall Drive office in Commack, NY has an exciting opportunity available in Metrology for a Scentist III to be responsible for maintaining instrument quality program through performance of installation, calibration, qualification, preventative maintenance and repair of analytical instruments and equipment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Draft documents used in the department, such as SOPs, Instrument procedures, and instrument IQ/OQ/PV protocols.
- Coordinate instrument events (calibration, repairs, etc.) for internal personnel and contract vendor services.
- Troubleshoot malfunctioning instruments with the aid of external resources if needed.
- Maintain calibration records in validated database system.
- Review reports and protocols of vendors and other Metrology personnel.
- Coordinate and monitor activities inside company facilities
- Update instrument calibration schedule in validated database.
Bachelor's of Science in scientific discipline (Analytical Chemistry preferred). Masters Degree is a plus.
2-4 years relevant experience focused on analytical support of drug development.
- Hands-on technical experience in maintenance and qualification of various HPLCs, GCs, UV/Vis spectrophotometers, and Dissolution instrument systems.
- Must have experience using a chromatographic software system.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of multiple laboratory techniques such as HPLC, GC, UV-Vis, Mass Spec., Robotics-Automation, Dissolution as well as knowledge of various software packages and data acquisition systems.
- Strong understanding of laboratory GMP's, SOP's, FDA trends, USP, instrumentation, calibration and maintenance program sand the drug development processes.
- Strong communication and writing skills, while also being effective as managing projects in a fast paced environment.
Forest Laboratories doesn't just blend in with the trees. The company develops and manufactures prescription drugs to address a wide...