Examples of Duties:
- Teaches certification classes according to American Red Cross guidelines.
- Teaches courses in Lifeguard Training, CPR, First Aid, and Automated External Defibrillation.
- Prepares classroom materials (equipment, tests, books, etc.) and recommends new purchases to the Recreation Programmer
- Reports directly to the Recreation Programmer
- Effectively instruct and maintain a safe learning atmosphere
- Enters all class data into the online Red Cross database in a timely manner
- Communicate clearly and effectively with participants
- Current instructor certificate in Lifeguard Training, CPR, First Aid, AED, and past teaching experience.
- Ability to communicate Red Cross standards and teach in a professional manner.
- Shall wear distinctive clothing or other means of identification per the City of Appleton Dress Code.
Education: High School Graduate/GED
Experience: Knowledge and/or background of the specific program, program related experience desired.
City of Appleton, WI - 5 months ago