Examples of Duties:
• Supervises participants in activity area and warming shelter.
• Maintains a safe playing atmosphere.
• Opens and closes the facility.
• Disarms alarm system where applicable.
• Sells concessions.
• Completes nightly deposits.
• Records accurate attendance numbers, accident reports, concession sales, etc.
• Administers first aid when necessary.
• Maintain a clean, safe environment free of hazards.
• Supervises and trains employees.
• Time card entry.
• Shall wear distinctive clothing or other means of identification per the City of Appleton dress code.
• Removes hazards from sledding hills and/or ice rinks.
• Builds fires in the provided fireplace where applicable.
• May be required to work by themselves in certain situations.
• First Aid Certification
• Ability to effectively communicate with participants.
• Ability to make general arithmetic computations accurately and with reasonable speed.
• Ability to effectively carry out oral and written instructions.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to operate basic concession equipment.
• Strong customer service skills.
Minimum education requirement: Completion of 3 years of high school.
This position is in a pay grade 5.
City of Appleton, WI - 11 months ago