Examples of Duties:
• Maintains shrubs, trees, ground covers and flower beds.
• Performs watering, weed control, litter pickup and mulching of landscaped areas.
• Plants shrubs, trees, ground covers and perennials.
• Performs pruning, applies fertilizers, soil amendments, edging and vandalism repairs.
• Waters and maintains all flower beds and planters on College Avenue.
• Maintains the high visibility landscaped areas in the downtown area.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision and be self-motivated.
• Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
• Ability to fill out daily reports.
• Knowledge on how to use hand and power tools.
• Must provide own steel toed shoes.
• Must possess a valid drivers license.
• Must be at least eighteen years of age.
Specific hours: 6:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. 5 days per week
EMPLOYMENT PERIOD: May - August
City of Appleton, WI - 15 months ago