Examples of Duties:
• Supervises swimmers during open and lap swim.
• Maintains activity control.
• Maintains a safe environment for all patrons.
• Administers first aid and CPR if necessary.
• Responds to emergency situations, following established guidelines and maintaining composure.
• Reports directly to the Pool Manager and/or Director of Instruction.
• Instructs parent/child and beginner through advanced level swimming lessons to youth and adults.
• Demonstrates various techniques including swimming strokes, dives, and water safety.
• Supervises all lesson participants.
• Maintains a safe and fun learning atmosphere.
• Shall wear distinctive clothing or other means of identification per the City of Appleton Dress Code.
• Rescues swimmers in despair and performs lifesaving procedures when necessary.
• Keeps accurate records of attendance, accident reports, participant's skills completion, etc.
• American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer certification or equivalent
• American Red Cross first aid certification or equivalent.
• American Red Cross lifeguard training certification or equivalent.
• Current Red Cross Water Safety Instructor Certificate preferred, but not required.
• Ability to effectively instruct various levels of swimming lessons and demonstrate various swimming techniques.
• Ability to rescue swimmers and administer lifesaving techniques.
• Ability to supervise and maintain control of patrons.
• Ability to enforce City of Appleton policies and procedures.
• Ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with other employees.
• Ability to take direction.
• Strong customer service skills.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Strong leadership skills.
Employment Season: September - May
Work Location: Appleton West and East Pools
Pay Grade: 4 (or 5 with WSI)
Minimum Age: 16
City of Appleton, WI - 17 months ago
copy to clipboard