Examples of Duties:
• Supervises swimmers during open and lap swim.
• Maintains activity control.
• Maintains a safe environment for all patrons.
• Administers first aid.
• Administers CPR.
• Responds to emergency situations, following established guidelines and maintaining composure.
• Reports directly to the Pool Manager
• Shall wear distinctive clothing or other means of identification per the City of Appleton Dress Code.
• Rescues swimmers in despair and performs lifesaving procedures when necessary.
• Performs maintenance duties including mopping, washing windows, emptying trash, and any other task deemed necessary by the Pool Manager or Program Supervisor.
• American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer certification or equivalent
• American Red Cross first aid certification or equivalent.
• American Red Cross lifeguard training certification or equivalent.
• Ability to rescue swimmers and administer lifesaving techniques.
• Ability to supervise and maintain control of patrons.
• Ability to enforce City of Appleton policies and procedures.
• Ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with other employees.
• Ability to take direction.
• Strong customer service skills.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Strong leadership skills.
Employment Season: June-August
Work Location: Various Pools
Pay Grade: 4 (or 5 with WSI)
Minimum Age: 16