This is a SEASONAL position.
Support staff to the Fulltime Gardeners.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES: Includes but not limited to:
PHYSICAL EFFORT: Very demanding. Must be able to do the following:
- Mowing grass
- Pruning shrubs
- Operating line trimmers
- Digging irrigation lines
- Laying sod
- Hauling brush
- Spreading mulch and compost
- Weeding beds
- Digging planting holes
- Shovel mulch for eight hours a day.
- Lift and carry items up to seventy-five pounds.
- Operate handheld power equipment for extended periods of time.
- Work on knees or bent over for extended periods of time.
- Dig planting holes for eight hours a day.
All weather outdoor position.
Internal: Daily with other employees.
External: Frequently with visitors, volunteers, and community service workers.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Ability to operate landscape power equipment.
- Ability to do physical labor in heat for extended period of time.
- Must have valid driver’s license.
High school diploma or equivalent.
Prefer one season of work experience in Green industry.
Must be able to make immediate decisions pertaining to safety.
Frequently short deadlines and hectic work environment with many distractions. Must be able to stay focused on the assigned tasks.