We are a family owned company, founded over fifteen years ago in Destin, Florida. Three high-rise properties on the Emerald Coast inspired us to merge our best practices in hospitality and management in order to cultivate a brand of service dedicated to excellence and the promise of great experiences for our visitors and owners. Visionary Destin is dedicated to providing condominium owners, vacation rental guests as well as businesses and organizations looking for a place to hold conferences and events, the perfect amenities and accommodations for living, working and playing.
PRIMARY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
1. Schedules dining reservations and arranges parties or special services for diners.
2. Greets guests, escorts them to tables, and provides menus.
3. Assigns work tasks and coordinates activities of dining room personnel to ensure prompt and courteous service to patrons.
4. Inspects dining room serving stations for neatness and cleanliness, and requisitions table linens and other dining room supplies for tables and serving stations.
5. Prepares beverages and expedites food orders.
6. Collects payment from customers.
7. Totals receipts, at end of shift, to verify sales and clears cash register.
8. Use proper phone skills and basic message taking techniques.
9. Other duties as assigned.
SCOPE OF BUDGET RESPONSIBILITY:
• Budget responsibility is not in scope for this position.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
• Less than high school education
• One month related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
• Basic prior knowledge or host/hostess experience
• Basic math skills
• Organization skills
• Time management
• Basic computer skills and knowledge
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies :
• Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
• Design - Generates creative solutions; Translates concepts and information into images; Uses feedback to modify designs; Applies design principles; Demonstrates attention to detail.
• Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
• Project Management - Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
• Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
• Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
• Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
• Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
• Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
• Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
• Visionary Leadership - Displays passion and optimism; Inspires respect and trust; Mobilizes others to fulfill the vision; Provides vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates.
• Change Management - Develops workable implementation plans; Communicates changes effectively; Builds commitment and overcomes resistance; Prepares and supports those affected by change; Monitors transition and evaluates results.
• Delegation - Sets expectations and monitors delegated activities; Provides recognition for results.
• Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; Effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Accepts feedback from others; Gives appropriate recognition to others.
• Managing People - Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; Makes self available to staff; Solicits and applies customer feedback (internal and external); Fosters quality focus in others; Improves processes, products and services.
• Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
• Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals.
• Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures; Contributes to profits and revenue ; Conserves organizational resources.
• Diversity - Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Educates others on the value of diversity; Promotes a harassment-free environment.
• Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
• Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization's vision, goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
• Strategic Thinking - Understands organization's strengths & weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition; Identifies external threats and opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
• Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
• Motivation - Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
• Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Communicates tasks effectively; Develops realistic action plans.
• Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
• Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality and efficiency; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
• Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
• Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
• Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
• Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
• Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
• Initiative - Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
• Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATION & TRAINING REQUIREMENTS:
• Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort New Hire Orientation
• Departmental Training and Certification
• Employee Orientation Part II
• Safe Food Handlers and Responsible Vendors Certifications
• Safety Training
• Standards of Business Conduct
• Valid driver’s license that has been in effect for at least three years, with no major violations and no more than two minor violations in the past three years.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• This position does not require travel as a component of the job.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.