Seasonal Human Resources Specialist, E-Commerce San Bernardino,CA
Assists in human resource activities within the Distribution Center by supporting the department's objectives. Provides advice, assistance and follow-up for associates in the Distribution Center on company policies, procedures and documentation. Coordinates the resolution of specific policy related and procedural issues and inquiries.
Assists in human resource activities including employment, compensation, associate relations, benefits and training.
• Reviews applications/resumes; inputs background checks, processes associates through hiring process, extends offers and schedules orientation. Assists with new hire orientations.
• Maintains confidentiality with all records and information.
• Prepares and processes payroll including punch edits, pay adjustments, paid time off entry and other Payroll activities.
• Provides assistance, follow up and responds to questions regarding Leaves of Absence policies.
• Responds to various Human Resources and Payroll questions or concerns.
• Provides advice, assistance and follow up on company policies and procedures, and documentation.
• Recommends, maintains and provides feedback related to human resource databases, computer software systems and manual filing systems.
• Assists in the development and administration of associate related programs.
• Schedules focus group meetings with associates and provide recap of results.
• Conducts exit interviews.
• Acts as HR representative on various committees.
• Maintains HR supplies.
• Creates and maintains Associate files; filing documents as necessary.
• Prepares DC communications to associates.
• Maintain DC attendance records, including preparing counseling's.
• Read, write and perform basic math and computer operation.
• Acts as point person on special projects, as assigned.
•Previous experience in an HR environment.
• Working knowledge of software programs such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and PeopleSoft.
Additional Information and Disclaimers:
•Regular and prompt attendance is required.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work as part of a team and interact effectively with others.
• Critical features of this job are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
DC Human Resources
Kohl's Corporation - 20 months ago
Kohl’s Corporation (Kohl’s) operates family-oriented, department stores that sells apparel, footwear and accessories for women,...