9:00am - 2:00pm; Monday - Friday; 25 hrs/wk
SECRETARY / ADMITTING CLERK
Position Summary: This position coordinates all office duties to ensure efficient services and working relationships with other medical center or MidMichigan Health departments, patients, physician offices, Durable Medical Equipment (DME) companies, and staff. Assists in setting up patients with Positive Airway Pressure (PAP) equipment by working with the patient, physician’s office and DME provider as needed. Schedules sleep studies and coordinates Neurodiagnostic Testing. Performs outpatient registration and enters charges for all diagnostic testing for Neurodiagnostic Testing and Sleep procedures. Answers all in-coming calls, makes appointments, develops and organizes patient files, prepares and assembles materials to be sent to patients and physicians. Processes all diagnostic reports and maintains filing systems for Neurodiagnostic Testing and Sleep Disorders. Purchases supplies for the Neurodiagnostic Testing Department, Sleep Disorders Department, and the Community Benefits Program Stroke Clinic.
· High School diploma or equivalent required. Associate’s degree in business or healthcare preferred.
· Ability to work in stressful situations and perform quick decision making independently.
· A minimum of 3 years in clinical experience in a healthcare facility or medical office and/or sleep lab setting. Completion of an accredited course in medical terminology or knowledge in medical terminology as acquired through a minimum of 3 years experience in a health care setting.
· Knowledge of physician and DME office practices, policies, procedures and medical terminology as normally acquired through experience working in a healthcare facility, sleep lab, or similar setting.
· Must possess general clerical skills and ability to operate Microsoft Office, Excel and Word computer programs.
Current MidMichigan Health Employees Apply Here
External Application Confirm
Are you sure you want to continue as a EXTERNAL applicant?
Internal Application Confirm
Are you sure you want to continue as a INTERNAL applicant?
- 2 years ago - save job