Provide full support services to direct care team providing intensive therapeutic services to clients experiencing acute mental illness and in need of services.
SCOPE: Provides full range of clerical and office support services and record keeping in a busy setting of clients with major mental illness and/or serious emotional disorders. Maintains contact with and consults with relevant collaborative parties.
ACCOUNTABLE AND RESPONSIBLE FOR THE FOLLOWING RESULTS:
Provides clerical and office support services for program serving clients with mental illness.
• Answers and processes incoming telephone calls.
• Verifies Medicaid, Medicare, and Saga eligibility.
• Monitors and orders facility maintenance as necessary.
• Maintains client database.
• Collect client fees.
• Types correspondence, memos, minutes and reports as assigned.
• Maintains client record room in good order.
• Prepares client charts for new clients.
• Maintains ongoing charts, including thinning charts according to agency policy.
• Maintains computerized records concerning program clients.
• Copies materials requested by staff.
• Maintains client and agency records up-to-date.
• Coordinates incoming and outgoing mail.
• Keeps office in neat and organized fashion.
• Answers client questions and assists clients in making appointments and getting to groups.
• Assists RN in coordinating laboratory visits.
• Assists clients with transportation needs.
• Orders supplies as needed.
Participates Actively in Maintaining a Safe and Positive Milieu.
• Keeps abreast of all agency policies and procedures.
• Reports client injuries and incidents to supervisor.
• Sets positive example of interaction with clients and other staff.
• Takes initiative in interaction with clients in order to set an example of appropriate relationships.
• Demonstrates competency in age related or specialty issues and developmental needs for each population served.
• Maintains client confidentiality.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
• Keeps abreast of current program changes and of current technology relevant to job.
• Participates in agency trainings when appropriate.
• Attends program staff meetings, when appropriate.
• Research new apartments for clients, interact with landlords and utility companies as well.
• May perform other assignments and duties, as area needs require.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
• Good word processing and computer skills.
• Ability to get along with a variety of different types of people.
• Good organizational and planning skills, with attention to clerical detail.
• Ability to work in a team setting.
• Capacity to work in a fast-paced environment and to tolerate crises.
• Ability to perform basic arithmetic: addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and fractions.
• Ability to file numerically and alphabetically.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
Experience in secretarial role. Experience working with clients who have a mental illness. Experience working in a managed care environment. Experience with excel, managing a purchasing card, and petty cash would be helpful.
CHR - 2 years ago