The Woman’s Hospital of Texas
JOB DESCRIPTION – Secretary of Breast Care Services/725
1. Under the supervision of the Radiology Director, Manager of Breast Care Services and Lead Mammography Technologist, is responsible for performing all admitting, cashier, receptionist and secretarial duties for the Breast Care Services and facilities.
2. Recognizes the purpose of employment is to prioritize the patient as number one.
3. Fulfills the duty and responsibility to maintain competence and to continue personal and professional growth.
4. Identifies and assists with opportunities for performance improvement activities on the unit and with other service areas.
5. Demonstrates fiscal responsibility by taking ownership of time management, decreasing waste (of time and supplies) and promoting cost effectiveness while maintaining patient safety and quality of care.
6. Demonstrates the ability to be an advocate for and strive to protect the health, safety and rights of the patient.
7. Interactions with patients and colleagues demonstrate compassion and respect for the inherent dignity, worth, and uniqueness of every individual, unrestricted by considerations of social or economic status or cultural beliefs.
8. Communicate effectively with other care providers (physicians, nurses, and satellite staff) to provide for continuity of patient care and to meet the needs of the customers we serve.
9. Demonstrates ability to fulfill requirements of attendance, punctuality, and timekeeping practices.
10. Behaviors and interactions demonstrate a positive attitude, personal initiative and motivation to achieve the goals of the unit.
11. To uphold the standards of the profession and organization and practice ethically and with integrity.
12. Other duties as assigned.
Education required and/or preferred: None
Experience required or preferred:
Similar hospital of office setting experience.
, Knowledge, and Abilities:
Proficient in the utilization of office equipment. Possesses good people skills and is people oriented. Must be self motivated with a willingness to learn.
HCA Inc - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard