Education: Graduation from high school; including or supplemented by courses in typing and office procedures. |
Experience: Two years of responsible clerical/secretarial experience. Additional experience or college level training desirable.
Skills, Knowledge and/or Abilities Required: Knowledge of English, grammar, spelling, filing and arithmetic; modern office methods, procedures, terms and equipment. Good vocabulary. Familiarity with school organization and objectives. Ability to read, understand and explain technical school policies and material; operate standard office equipment; follow oral and written directions; establish and maintain effective relationships with students, other District employees, other professional agencies and the public; understand and implement school or program policies. Ability to utilize a variety of computer application programs including word processing, databases, e-mail, internet, and spreadsheets. Willingness to work productively under pressure and interruptions. Typing: 50 wpm; Shorthand: desirable.
Current (within one year) typing certificate showing a minimum typing speed of 50 WPM required at the time application is submitted, unless previously passed with District.
Typing Certificates obtained on-line will not be accepted
• • Takes and transcribes dictation of average difficulty.
• Acts as secretary and aide to professional supervisors.
• Prepares correspondence, memos, reports, handbooks, bulletins, cards and forms.
• Schedules appointments.
• Screens visitors and telephone calls.
• Answers inquiries and provides information to students, parents and other District personnel.
• Compiles and maintains basic records and files.
• Maintains files, lists, bulletin boards and catalogs.
• Maintains student transcripts and records.
• Operates standard office equipment.
• Maintains records for Student Body activities.
• Receives and receipts for monies.
• Posts receipts to proper ledgers.
• Checks and balances all records and prepares reports.
• Prepares pre-payment check requests and balances bank statements.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Yucaipa-Calimesa Joint Unified School District
ONLY COMPLETE APPLICATION PACKETS WILL BE ACCEPTED. An original TYPED Classified Application must be received in Human Resources by the closing date. Application can be either hand delivered or mailed as long as they are received by the closing date and time. Faxed and/or e-mailed applications WILL NOT be accepted.
Typing Certificate MUST be attached to application.
Typing certificates can be obtained at:
Any employment agency or CRY-ROP - 1214 Indiana Court, Redlands - 793-3115
EdJoin.org - 17 months ago