This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Anesthesiology. Normal office environment with occasional pressure due to multiple calls, inquiries and deadlines. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Position provides diversified secretarial and administrative support for individuals within the Pediatric Division of Anesthesiology including support of the daily scheduling process.
1. Provides daily scheduling support to Scheduling Coordinator and Clinical Director. Scheduling activities include maintaining calendar of meetings, lectures and seminars for administration of daily clinical schedule. Coordinate and verify Shriner’s assignments and play an integral role in assigning clinicians to rooms on the daily schedule.
2. Track resident assignments and new rotations and provide administrative support for Resident rotations. Typing miscellaneous correspondence and recommendation letters.
3. General secretarial and administrative support to Faculty and CRNA’s which includes: credentialing activities, updating CV’s, reappointment documents, scheduling and coordinate meetings, administer discretionary fund transactions, faculty and fellow and resident on-boarding activities.
4. Provide secretarial support to Director of Chronic Pain Clinic including scheduling pain clinic appointments in IDX/Centricity, registration forms for new patients, create files for new patients, follow up with coders on billings.
5. Provide coverage of front desk reception area, answering phone lines, route calls, sort and distribute mail.
6. Provides assistance in the day-to-day administration of division including ordering supplies.
Equivalent of High School diploma. 3 years related secretarial experience.
2 years college or business school preferred.
Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint and PC based systems and other standard office equipment. Must have ability to use discretion and good judgment.
Experience using IDX/GE Centricity Scheduling module, Allscripts and familiarity with FIS and AIS system preferred.
The hiring range for this position is $14.14 to $17.67 per hour.
-Retirement Savings Plan
-22 vacation days
-8 Paid Holidays
-Tuition benefits for employee, spouse and dependent children
-Free Metro Link/ Bus pass
-Free Life Insurance
-Health, Dental, Vision
-Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
-Long Term Disability Insurance
-Flex Spending Plan
Med School HR website (http://medschoolhr.wustl.edu)
Washington University in St. Louis is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and encourages applications from women, ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Employer of Choice in the St. Louis area!
Washington University School of Medicine is an employer of choice in the St. Louis area. The...