Gate Safe Inc. has an immediate opening for a Security Coordinator at the DFW Airport in Dallas, Texas
Gate Safe is headquartered in Atlanta, GA. and has a national team of professional, highly trained security staff serving 90 airlines at 35 airports across the nation. The majority of our team is dedicated to our core security business of airline catering and is rapidly expanding into new markets and other areas of airport security such as aircraft sweeps and cargo screening.
Reporting to Robert Berrios and Cynthia Daughtery, the Security Coordinator will ensure food carts, catering equipment, and catering trucks are secured while in the catering units and while en route to the aircraft according to TSA and Airline regulations. Ensures that all other lines of business including cargo screening, passenger wanding, gate guarding and aircraft monitoring are accomplished according to TSA and Airline regulations. Adheres to and promotes Gate Safe, Inc. commitment to quality of service, compliance with customer specifications and government agency regulations and focus on safety in the work environment described in Gate Safe’s General Operating Policy 0.1 and all policies referred to within.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities :
- Screens cargo using equipment/method designated by customer and according to customer’s specifications.
- Inspects airline equipment and checks for any unauthorized items.
- Performs aircraft monitoring, passenger wanding and gate guarding according to customer’s specifications.
- Observes and monitors unit activity and facility surroundings when not performing inspection/validation duties.
- Performs all other duties as assigned by management.
- Reports to Service Supervisor or Service Manager, depending on size of unit.
- Activities overseen by Lead or Senior Lead, depending on size of unit.
- High school diploma or GED
- Must have a FBI fingerprint check (SIDA Badge) and a confirmed 10-year background check (10 year listed; 5 year verified employment history).
- Not have been convicted of any of the listed FAA Disqualifying Crimes;.
- Ability to bend, push, and lift up to 30 pounds on a regular basis in order to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Hold a valid U.S. driver’s license
Communication Skills :
- Possess written and oral communication skills in English.
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations :
Environmental Requirements :
- Works non standard work hours, evenings, weekends, holidays.
Demonstrated Competencies to be Successful in the Position :
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Thinking - Information search and analysis, problem resolution skills
- Engaging - understanding others, team leadership, developing people
- Inspiring - influencing and building relationships, motivating and inspiring, communicating effectively
- Achieving - delivering business results under pressure, championing performance improvement, customer focus
Candidates will be required to go through pre-employment drug screen, criminal check and airport fingerprinting.
Gate Safe is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!