Who May Apply
We offer competitive pay and a comprehensive employee benefits program including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) savings plan, life insurance, long-term disability, education assistance, and paid time off.
Will Rogers Downs is a Native American Preference Employer
Conditions of Employment:
Potential employees must be 18 years of age or older. The potential employee must be able to pass a drug test and background check and must not have a felony conviction, whether expunged, annulled or sealed by the court. If you meet the minimum qualifications and are motivated to provide outstanding customer service, we hope you will apply for a position with us.
Cherokee Nation Entertainment is the retail, gaming, entertainment, hospitality and cultural tourism entity of the Cherokee Nation. CNE operates eight casinos in Claremore, Fort Gibson, Ramona, Roland, Sallisaw, Tahlequah, Tulsa and West Siloam Springs, as well as the Cherokee Travel Plaza and convenience store, two additional convenience stores, numerous restaurants and entertainment venues, seven retail smoke shops, nine gift shops, two golf courses, two tourism welcome centers, three museums, three hotels, a horse racing track and KOA RV campground. The company recently completed a $155 million expansion at their resort property in Tulsa which is now branded as Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Tulsa and a $125 million expansion of Cherokee Casino West Siloam Springs. Thanks to steady company-wide growth, over 3000 employees are employed throughout northeastern Oklahoma.
The Security Guard/ Armed is responsible to provide a safe and secure environment for the employees and the guest.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Includes the following (Other duties may be assigned):
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Responsible to greet guest at facility, give directions and assistance, be of service and render aid to any employee, patron or person who may request or require it.
- Maintain a good working relationship with local law enforcement agencies and fire and safety departments.
- Responsible to provide protection for the physical assets of Cherokee Nation Entertainment properties.
- Responsible to provide protection for the employees and guests.
- Responsible to patrol the physical facilities of the Cherokee Nation Entertainment properties, which include Casinos, Smoke Shops, and parking lots.
- Maintain detailed written report of incidents following policies and procedures.
- Report all safety hazards to Supervisor.
- Complete any assignments in a timely manner.
- Performs other duties as requested.
Requires a minimum of a high school diploma or GED and at least 6 months of related experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must have well developed oral and written communication skills.
- Good working knowledge of computer based office software is required.
- Must have working knowledge of Surveillance video system and how chain of evidence is maintained.
- Must be able to obtain a Cherokee Nation Gaming License and possibly an Oklahoma Horseracing Commission Gaming / Backside Racing License.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and have valid auto insurance
- Must obtain and maintain a State of Oklahoma Council on Law Enforcement, Education, and Training (CLEET) armed security guard license and a Cherokee Nation Armed Security Officer license within three months.
- Must be able to pass a CNE Security approved Custody and Control and weapons.
CERTIFICATIONA, LICENSES, AND/OR CNE TRAINING
Must be able to obtain a Cherokee Nation Gaming License. Must have a valid driver’s license. Must obtain a State of Oklahoma Council on Law Enforcement Education and Training Armed Security License within 180 days of hire.
This position requires frequent exposure to smoke, loud noise, and bright lights. This position requires frequent standing, walking and sitting. Must be able to lift and carry a minimum of 25 pounds. This position requires exposure to hot and cold weather conditions.
Hours May Vary.