Under direct supervision, the Security Guard ensures safety and security of the property.
A more detailed job description is available upon request from the Human Resources Department.
- Patrol perimeter and parking areas (to include underground), lobbies, pool areas, tower rooming and office, work and storage areas (to include underground); being observant of any security, safety or policy and procedure violation issues.
- Maintain the flow of traffic in driveways and unauthorized vehicle staging in no parking, reserved parking and loading dock areas.
- Respond to calls as dispatched and address all issues according to policy. Report all security, safety or policy and procedure violation issues to Security Dispatcher, Security Supervisor and/or Assistant Supervisor.
- Perform duties of the Security Dispatcher: answer phone and radio calls, dispatch Security personnel, handle guest relations and issues, report all necessary information to Security Supervisors or Assistant Supervisors. Input all required information into iTrak.
- Operate and monitor security equipment to include CCTV, radios and the fire control panel.
- Log lost & found and received mail, making all necessary notifications, when the Administrative Security Officer is not available.
- Administer and log hard & soft keys according to the key card policy.
- Conduct preliminary investigations and obtain all information, photographs, statements and evidence for incident reports.
- Escort undesirable and/or unruly individuals from property at the direction of Security Supervisor or Assistant Supervisor.
- Complete and review incident reports in iTrak.
- Follow up with guests and Team Members as needed.
- Perform escorted key assists as dispatched to regulate access to secured areas.
- Maintain confidentiality of all security related matters.
- Clock out and in from scheduled 30 minute break when working a shift consisting of six consecutive hours. (May be subject to be called off from break, but break times will be made up before the end of the shift).
- Required to cover additional shifts as requested.
- Attend and complete all required training as assigned.
- Deliver the Meaning of Yes® set forth by QA standards and following corporate initiatives.
- Complete additional duties as assigned.
- Complete special projects as assigned.
- Six (6) months experience in Security or related field such as Law Enforcement, Military, etc.
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent.
- Minimum 18 years of age.
- Must have or be able to obtain a valid, CPR/AED certification and other licensing as required by state laws & regulations.
- Ability to prepare reports and written correspondence.
- Ability to communicate in English, in both oral and written form.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Time management; the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Problem analysis and problem solving skills.
- Initiative and adaptability.
- Detail oriented.
Diamond Resorts International® offers:
- Excellent earning potential.
- Excellent benefits program including company matching 401(k).
- Eligibility for our tuition reimbursement program.
- Resort Privilege Program (eligibility for travel discounts).
- Industry leading training program.
- Fun working environment.
- Unlimited real growth opportunities.
Diamond Resorts International - 12 months ago