From coast to coast, Rural/Metro employees are tied together by their overwhelming desire to help others. Every day and every call for our team of highly-trained professionals is different than the one before.
At Rural/Metro, we celebrate the successes of our team members, and doing the right thing for those we serve.
Rural/Metro is a leader in private ambulance and fire protection services in 21 states and more than 700 communities nationwide. Rural/Metro has provided high-quality patient care, met and exceeded the expectations of the communities we serve, and invested in the success of our employees since 1948.
Job Summary: The Security Guard enforces regulations designed to prevent breaches of security. Exercises judgment and use discretion in dealing with whether first response should be to intervene directly (asking for assistance when deemed necessary and time allows), to keep situation under surveillance, or to report situation so that it can be handled by appropriate authority. Duties require specialized training in methods and techniques of protecting security areas
• Verify identity of all persons entering client property and assess all vehicles for threats.
• Will check visitor identifications against access rosters.
• Deter and prevent unauthorized access to client property through the access control point.
• Monitor communication equipment to maintain contact with Communications Center.
• Provide ingress/egress control at the station of assignment, and conduct personnel or package, searches in accordance with local SOPs.
• Maintain a log of all personnel and vehicles entering and leaving the guard station, as required by client’s specific policies.
• Immediately report illegal acts/ incidents, any attempts of unauthorized entry and all suspicious or unusual activity in accordance with local SOP.
• Shall perform vehicle inspections inside and outside motor vehicles to locate and identify threats to the installation.
• Represent the Company by being courteous, professional, and a patient advocate.
• Maintain a clean, professional appearance while maintaining a courteous, professional, and ethical behavior while working cooperatively with other members of public safety, co-workers, and the public.
• Perform other duties as assigned including those specific to the local operation.
• Regular attendance consistent with scheduled hours. Willing to work overtime as needed. Will arrive at work 15 minutes prior to shift change, in proper uniform to receive assigned post and any extra post instructions.
• Uses care and respect with all equipment and supplies. Compliance
• Provide general medical care and treatment to patients in both emergent and non-emergent settings as defined by state and local regulatory agencies.
• Neatly and accurately document pertinent patient information on all required forms/documents.
• Turns in appropriate documents prior to leaving duty.
• Maintain a safe and healthy workplace in accordance with all appropriate OSHA standards, company policies and local standard operating procedures.
• Complies and enforces all policies and procedures.
• Ensures and inspects paperwork for accuracy and compliance.
• Responsible for escalating concerns regarding questionable paperwork to appropriate management.
• Has successfully completed all required Compliance Training within the required time period.
• Has had no compliance related corrective action during the current review period. Training
• Ensure that all required Certifications are current and remain current.
• Attend all Company required OSHA training, annual training, and all mandatory Company updates. Complete the training in the allotted time the Company sets.
• Successfully completed all training and have obtained all required permits, licenses, certifications and security clearances for the site.
Qualifications: • Must be at least 18 years of age. • Must be a U.S. Citizen • Be able to meet any Federal, State or Municipal requirements to work as a Security Guard as may be required. • Excellent communication and customer service skills. • Ability to work cooperatively with other employees and medical agencies to provide the highest level of patient care. • Ability to read and interpret all required documents and write required reports and correspondence. • Other qualifications specific to the local operation and/or contract requirements. • Satisfactorily meet Company physical assessments/tests.
Physical Requirements: Physical ability to perform all tasks required in the performance of typical Security Guard duties. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is constantly required to walk/stand, bend/stoop, push, pull, lift. Occasionally: Light lifting (1-70 lbs) is required. Constantly: Walking/standing, Hearing/listening, clear speech, legible handwriting.
Cognitive/Psychosocial/Mental Requirements: Occasionally: Analyzing, judgment. Frequently: Memorization, perception/computation, problem solving, reasoning. Constantly: Ability to follow simple and complex written and verbal instructions. Ability to read, speak, and understand English.
Stress Factors: Occasionally: Fatigue, intense tasks Frequently: Repetitive tasks, high pressure. Equipment Operated: Occasionally: Computer Constantly: Communication equipment Working Conditions: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Frequently: Works around others, works alone, face-to face and verbal contact with others, inside, noise, extended day. Constantly: Works with others, face-to-face and verbal contact with others, withstand varied environmental conditions such as extreme heat, cold, and moisture. The Company is a 365, 24/hr per day, 7 day per week operation. Evenings, weekends, and holidays. Closing Statement: This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need. Rural/Metro is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.