From coast to coast, Rural/Metro employees are tied together by their overwhelming desire to help others. Every day and every call for our team of highly-trained professionals is different than the one before.
At Rural/Metro, we celebrate the successes of our team members, and doing the right thing for those we serve.
Rural/Metro is a leader in private ambulance and fire protection services in 21 states and more than 700 communities nationwide. Rural/Metro has provided high-quality patient care, met and exceeded the expectations of the communities we serve, and invested in the success of our employees since 1948.
Job Summary: The Security Guard Lead serves as a working supervisor of a crew of security guards who patrol and check client’s building and facilities. Leads and participates in the provision of security services such as monitoring, training and assessing the performance of security guard staff. Work is accomplished within departmental procedures but judgment and initiative are frequently exercised.
Essential Functions: Operational Objectives
- Performs all duties of a Security Guard.
- Monitors the performance of assigned shift Security Guards.
- Teaches and enforces safety regulations at the work site(s).
- Reviews utilization and maintenance of security equipment.
- Prepares daily and periodic reports to Security Guard Supervisor. Compliance
- Provide general security services as defined by contractual documents.
- Neatly and accurately document pertinent information on all required forms/documents.
- Turns in appropriate documents prior to leaving duty.
- Maintain a safe and healthy workplace in accordance with all appropriate OSHA standards, company policies and local standard operating procedures.
- Complies and enforces all policies and procedures.
- Ensures and inspects paperwork for accuracy and compliance.
- Responsible for escalating concerns regarding questionable paperwork to appropriate management.
- Has successfully completed all required Compliance Training within the required time period. • Has had no compliance related corrective action during the current review period. Training
- Ensure that all required Certifications are current and remain current.
- Attend all Company required OSHA training, annual training, and all mandatory Company updates. Complete the training in the allotted time the Company sets.
- Successfully completed all training and have obtained all required permits, licenses, certifications and security clearances for the site.
Physical Requirements: Physical ability to perform all tasks required in the performance of typical Security Guard duties. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is constantly required to walk/stand, bend/stoop, push, pull, lift. Occasionally: Light lifting (1-70 lbs) is required. Constantly: Walking/standing, Hearing/listening, clear speech, legible handwriting. Cognitive/Psychosocial/Mental Requirements: Occasionally: Analyzing, judgment. Frequently: Memorization, perception/computation, problem solving, reasoning. Constantly: Ability to follow simple and complex written and verbal instructions. Ability to read, speak, and understand English. Stress Factors: Occasionally: Fatigue, intense tasks Frequently: Repetitive tasks, high pressure. Equipment Operated: Occasionally: Computer Constantly: Communication equipment Working Conditions: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Frequently: Works around others, works alone, face-to face and verbal contact with others, inside, noise, extended day. Constantly: Works with others, face-to-face and verbal contact with others, withstand varied environmental conditions such as extreme heat, cold, and moisture. The Company is a 365, 24/hr per day, 7 day per week operation. Evenings, weekends, and holidays. Closing Statement: This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need. Rural/Metro is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Be able to meet any Federal, State or Municipal requirements to work as a Security Guard as may be required.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to work cooperatively with other employees and medical agencies to provide the highest level of patient care
- Ability to read and interpret all required documents and write required reports and correspondence
- Other qualifications specific to the local operation and/or contract requirements.
- Satisfactorily meet Company physical assessments/tests.
Rural/Metro Corporation (Rural/Metro) is a private fire protection services business providing services to residential and commercial...