The Security Manager (SM) position will be responsible for the management of a security force contract located in the Norfolk, VA region. This will be a full time (40 hour) position having responsibility for administering the contract on behalf of Inter-Con. The SM shall be tasked with serving as the liaison between Inter-Con and our client and will meet with our client’s representative(s) on a regular basis to discuss contract operations in detail if necessary. The SM will oversee all management, supervision, manpower, training, equipment, emergency response, supplies, licenses, permits, certificates, insurance, pre-employment screenings, reports, and files necessary to deliver the highest quality security guard services in accordance with the requirements outlined in the contract. The SM shall also be responsible for site visits (planned and unplanned), coordinating scheduling of personnel, directing strategic planning, managing disciplinary actions, and other assignments as directed by Inter-Con and as needed under the contract.
Applicants must meet the following minimum qualifications:
Inter-Con Security Systems, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer by choice and is proud of its diverse workforce.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or possess a valid U.S. work permit
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Possess a High School Diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice or related area preferred
- Must possess security-related experience at the management level in a multi-site/campus environment
- Possess a valid non-commercial license to operate a motor vehicle
- Minimum three (3) years of management or management-related experience in security contracts and a demonstrated capability in managing large-scale contract
- Possess familiarity with the Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to read, write, and speak English fluently
- Have strong organizational, leadership, interpersonal, and excellent written and verbal skills necessary to effectively communicate and coordinate with all stakeholders: Inter‑Con employees, staff members, senior and executive management, and client representatives
- Security experience working in a college or university environment preferred
- Training in National Incident Management System & Incident Command System preferred
- Must be able to pass a comprehensive pre-employment background screening
- Must be able to pass a comprehensive pre-employment physical and be able to meet all the physical requirements of this position including prolonged walking, sitting, standing, stooping and running, must be capable of responding to emergencies
Inter-Con Security Systems - 9 months ago
There is no conning Inter-Con Security Systems. The company, one of the largest private security consulting firms in the US, provides...