This position provides field or regional oversight, coordination, and supervision of personnel involved in providing a client’s security and property protection activities.
- Supervises operational procedures and activities for a client’s security services.
- Assigns personnel to various posts or patrols. Interprets security rules and procedures.
- Directs activities during major fires, storms, emergencies, etc.
- Receives and appropriately resolves irregularity reports.
- Periodically inspects client’s premises or facilities to determine or update security needs/services.
- Continually communicates with clients to assist them as required with security matters and improve services.
- Continually communicates with all levels of staff to review operating procedures, budget matters, etc. so as to be able to improve assigned operations.
- Administrates a variety of business related paperwork.
- Performs a variety of security related investigations.
- Supervises the patrolling of buildings and grounds of a campus or work site.
- Review recorded data such as property damage, unusual occurrences, incident reports, etc. to determine appropriate courses of action.
- Confers with various agencies to gain their cooperation and coordination.
- May perform all of the duties of assigned staff for short periods of time.
- Other related duties may also be assigned.
Manages subordinate security personnel. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of a unit and directly supervises non-supervisory employees. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
THIS POSITION REQUIRES:
Language skills sufficient to
: 1. Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
2. Analyze and interpret financial reports & legal documents, respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, agencies, or the business community, & write routine reports and correspondence that conform to prescribed style and format.
3. Effectively speak and present before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
- Two years post secondary education (candidates without such education need an additional two years of related experience)
- At least five years of directly related responsible security experience and/or law enforcement experience that included significant supervisory responsibilities.
- The ability to work rotating shifts, weekends, callouts, etc.
- Must be able to pass background check.
- A valid Security Guard license upon hire.
- A valid driver’s license and a driving record acceptable to the company's insurance carrier.
Math skills sufficient to
: 1. Add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
2. Compute rate, ratio, and percent.
3. Draw and interpret graphs.
Reasoning abilities sufficient to
: 1. Define problems, collect data, draw valid conclusions and solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
2. Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The employee is regularly required to sit, talk, and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, use hands, and reach with hands and arms.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
The employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Fair Labor Standards Act Status: Non-Exempt/Hourly
The above is not intended to list all possible essential functions or requirements as they are subject to change. The employer reserves the right to revise or change this description. This description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment. All employees are expected to work varying hours to accomplish various duties. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each of the above essential duties and meet the physical demands. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to meet these conditions.
Security, Intelligence & Defense Analysis
NMS Security Corporation
NANA Development Corporation - 7 months ago