The Security Department is seeking a full time Security Officer. The Security Officer reports to the Director of Security.
Responsible for the security and monitoring of campus activities and buildings as directed by the Security Director. Responsible for ensuring the safety of campus students, employees and guests to the college.
1. Responsible for, but not limited to, alarm response, escort service for students and employees, routine vehicle and foot patrol, access control, lock outs, prevention of damage and theft of property, prevention of criminal activity and traffic control.
2. Responsible for the accurate completion of reports, as required.
3. Maintains general knowledge of plumbing and heating, to relate issues to appropriate buildings and grounds staff.
4. Provide crisis intervention and de-escalation tactics in required situations.
5. Respond rapidly and effectively and without hesitation to crisis situations, as required.
6. Assist with dispatcher duties, as required.
7. Other duties as assigned.
1. High School Diploma Required; Minimum 1 year of security experience; college campus security experience preferred.
2. Must be able to successfully complete the New York State 8-hour Pre-Assignment Training Certification.
3. Must be able to successfully complete the New York State 16-hour On-the-Job Training.
4. Must maintain a New York State Safe Driver Certification and a valid New York State Drivers License.
5. Applicants must currently be registered with New York Division of Criminal Justice Services, Bureau for Municipal Police, Security Guard Division.
6. Position requires good character references. Good health, especially in hearing and eyesight, and good personal habits, such as neatness and dependability.
7. Position requires mental alertness, emotionally stable and physically fit to deal with emergencies.
8. Attention to accuracy, ability to work under pressure, multi task and strong follow up skills required.
9. Acceptance to diverse, open-minded behaviors and/or actions.
10. Ability to deal and use discretion with confidential matters.
11. Ability to work independently and in a team environment; on and off campus positive promotion of college required.
12. Must have the ability to think quickly and act decisively in emergency situations.
13. Strong literate, verbal and written skills required.
14. Ability to use equipment, such as hand radio, telephone and motor vehicles.
15. 10% availability to travel outside of 75-mile radius.
To apply, please send cover letter, resume and the names of three references by email to firstname.lastname@example.org ; or complete an application form available from the Office of Human Resources, lower level, Ludlow Hall, 30 Campus Road, Annandale-On-Hudson, NY 12504 (9am-5pm Monday-Friday).
Bard College is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from those who contribute to our diversity.