JOB SUMMARY: Maintain the safety and security of campus employees, students, and facilities.
- Patrol campus and perimeter on foot, bicycle and by motor vehicle while maintaining radio contact with campus security dispatcher.
- Enforce College regulations and correct parking conditions
- Remove safety hazards
- Maintain security of all buildings and members of campus community
- Inspect assigned buildings on each tour for conditions of door locks, fire exit signs, and windows
- Inspect all exterior and security lighting and checks for illegal entry on all night tours
- Respond to calls and participate in investigations of incidents as needed
- Provides comprehensive notes and summaries to the Computerized Incident Reporting System, Dispatcher’s Daily Log and Card Access system as required by department procedures.
- Conducts resident alarm checks and fire drills during semester
- Provide security escort for students, staff, and faculty to and from campus buildings
- Answer calls when assigned dispatch duty
- Issue parking tickets
- Direct patrons to appropriate parking during special events
- Provide access to locked facilities on campus
- Maintain constant communication with the Security Dispatcher while on duty
- Provide courier service to Bursar and Business Offices
- Follows established college policies and procedures, including the timely use of email to routinely communicate with supervisor and others as required, time reporting procedures, and equipment check in/check out during shift.
- High School graduate/or GED required
- A valid NYS Security Guard license is required at the time of hire
- Ability to walk extensively across multiple areas of campus up to 5 miles/day, as well as standing for long periods of time is required.
- Must be able to climb stairs, ladders, lifts, as well as occasionally reach, stoop, crouch, sit, and kneel.
- A valid NYS driver’s license, with no more than 2 moving violation convictions and/or accidents within the past 40 months required.
- Associates Degree in Criminal Justice preferred
- Six months previous experience in a security enforcement position preferred
- First Aid/ CPR /AED certification is preferred; if not certified, must complete required on the job training and obtain CPR certification.
- Familiarity with key systems and fire alarms is preferred
- Ability to interact in a service oriented and professional manner with members of the campus community and general public.
Union membership required in the Security Officers and Drivers Association; union dues will apply
- Work Schedule: 3rd shift (A line) 12:00AM-8:00AM
FRIDAY- TUESDAY FULL TIME
- FULL YEAR POSITION
- RATE OF PAY: $12.55/HOUR
Comprehensive health and dental benefits, generous time off, a tuition remission plan to further enhance your knowledge and skills, and wellness programs including the use of our extensive fitness center.
The College of Saint Rose values diversity and abides by federal, state and local law in admissions, employment and all services and programs provided. It does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, religion/creed, disability, age, national/ethnic origin, sexual orientation or any other condition established by law.
The College of Saint Rose is committed to providing a safe, supportive, and secure environment for the entire college community and upon request, will provide its annual security report. This report includes statistics for the previous three years concerning reported crimes that occurred on campus, in certain off campus buildings or property owned or controlled by the College, and on public property within, or immediately adjacent to and accessible from the campus. This report also includes institutional policies concerning campus security, such as policies concerning sexual assault and other matters. You can obtain a copy of this report by contacting the Office of Safety and Security at 518-454-5187 or on line at http://www.strose.edu/officesandresources/campus_security/safetyreportandcleryact
In order to be considered for this position, you must submit your credentials online. Create a College of Saint Rose Employment Account by clicking on the APPLY NOW tab below. You will be able to upload the following documents, which are required for consideration:
Already have a College of Saint Rose Employment Account ? Login to add documents or update your account.
The College of Saint Rose - 13 months ago