Do you have what it takes to join our professional team of security officers? We currently have openings for floating security officers to augment existing security staff on an as-needed basis:
JOB TITLE: Security Officers - Part Time Floaters - Various DC/PG County locations
Hourly Rate: $11.00 - $14.00 varies by site
( From 8 up to 40 hours a week)
Security experience required: 1-2 years
Must be at least 18 years of age with HS or GED Equivalency
Must be a US citizen
Preferred requirements: DC and/or MD Security Certification preferred
Current valid DL and reliable transportation
Must be able to pass drug testing, background check, provide seven years of employment and personal history.
: Performs a variety of security, safety, customer services, and public relations duties and related functions, specific to the job account. Provide first line response to emergencies and carry out the policies and procedures of Property Management. Observe and report security issues and safety concerns as prescribed in post manuals.
NOTE: APPLICANTS WILL BE CONSIDERED IN THE ORDER IN WHICH THEY APPLY. DUE TO THE VOLUME OF APPLICANTS ONLY THOSE SELECTED FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES : access control , emergency notification & response, public relations & customer service, report writing and other duties as described in the ABM Security Officers Handbook and specific post order at the job location to provide a professional secure environment for the public, employees / client / tenant property.
WORK CAPABILITIES : Our success depends on the professional performance, competencies, and demeanor of our employees:
- Understand, read, and follow written instructions and comprehend verbal instructions
- Must have good written and verbal communications skills in the English language
- Able to report for work on time, well groomed, and alert
- Can work with others or alone
- Work under pressure and with various levels of work activities
- Possess a helpful and professional personality
- Recognize hazards
- Have access to reliable transportation
- Openings are immediately available
ABM IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER (M/F/V/D)