Corero Network Security is looking for a Security Services Engineer that has demonstrated expertise in security theory and practice such as DDoS Mitigation, network Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS), hacking and countermeasures, perimeter defense and secure operations. |
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- Manage named accounts that subscribe to the premium SecureWatch Plus service, coordinating incident response and support activity in conjunction with a worldwide team of support and service engineers.
- Support and maintain the Corero infrastructure of standard SecureWatch customers by providing technical and analytical support of DDoS Defense solutions deployments in customer environments.
- Deliver Security Optimization Services including onsite installation, auditing and tuning of Corero solutions.
- Demonstrate the value of the Corero solution through online presentation during the customer evaluation process.
- Experience with DDoS/IPS/Firewall technology and other security domains in a customer-facing role required.
- Operational experience with network security appliances and applications
- Must understand current IT Security best practices
- BS degree in engineering or computer science preferred
- Security Certification (CISSP, GCIH, GPEN) a definite plus
- 5-8 years in a sales engineering, technical support or security incident response role
- Sysadmin-level experience with Windows, Linux
LOCATION, WORK SCHEDULE AND TRAVEL
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Expert technical skills in network security and general IP networking.
- Able to establish technical credibility with sophisticated customer engineering teams.
- Able to build strong relationships with the field sales team, including resellers.
- Systematic network troubleshooting skills including trace analysis
- Must have packet-level understanding of common IP applications and protocols
- (TCP, UDP, FTP, OSPF, BGP, etc.)
- Collaborative and helpful team player
- Flexible work schedule is required
- Approximately 10% travel can be expected, including some international travel