US Citizenship Required for this Position
No relocation assistance available
Number of Openings
Northrop Grumman is currently seeking a Security Analyst to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals in transforming the future of technology and public health. This position will be located in Atlanta, GA and will become part of Northrop Grumman’s team that supports the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention. The qualified applicant will provide security support in a project-based environment with dynamic (changing) requirements and a working knowledge of Windows Server Operating Systems, basic knowledge of NIST SP and Federal Information Processing Standard. The applicant is required to have at least a favorably adjudicated Public Trust Level 5 background investigation.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Prepares Privacy Impact Assessments (PIA), evaluates and categorized the incident in the system based upon the sensitivity of data collected.
- Prepares and updates Business Continuity Plan (BCP).
- Member of the Incident Response team, responds to incidents forwarded from CDC Security, initializes ITSO workstation/laptop re-image requests and updates or closes the incident using the OCISO Risk Vision database.
- Documents and completes Center Change Management Requests.
- Initializes Security Computer Automated Protocol (SCAP/FDCC).
- Performs Commercial-Off-The-Shelf (COTS) Level III evaluations for requested software.
- Issues Encrypted McAfee and Imation USB Drives.
- Works with ITSO Technicians to perform troubleshooting work, complete disk formatting and load software to begin re-image process.
- High school Degree and at least 1+ year of relevant experience
- Experience working in an IT Security environment.
- Understanding of Windows desktop and Windows Server Operating Systems. ·Candidate must have basic knowledge of NIST SP 800-37, 800-34, 800-53, 800-60, 800-63 and Federal Information Processing Standards (FIPS) 140-2, 199 and 200.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and good technical and narrative writing skills.
- Applicant is required to have at least a favorably adjudicated Public Trust Level 5 background investigation.
Northrop Grumman Corporation is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in aerospace, electronics, information systems and technical services to government and commercial customers worldwide.
- Understanding of multiple Anti-virus applications, used for detecting Virus’s,
- Working knowledge of peripheral and internal firewalls and Virtual Private Networks (VPN)
- Working knowledge of Personally Identifying Information (PII), Information in Identifiable
- Working knowledge of CDC and CDC Network Infrastructure is desired.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Northrop Grumman - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard
Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions in aerospace, electronics,...