Windward IT Solutions is at the forefront of Service-Centric IT. With strategic consulting, unparalleled technical expertise and our proven Windward Service-Centric IT RoadMap, we help our clients align the core competencies of process, organization, information and technology to run the most sensitive and mission-critical IT environments in the world.
Due to our continued growth we are seeking an Information Systems Security Engineer (ISSE). The Security Systems Engineer will perform, or review, technical security assessments of computing environments to identify points of vulnerability, non-compliance with established Information Assurance (IA) standards and regulations and recommend mitigation strategies
Validates and verifies system security requirements definitions and analysis and establishes system security designs, a ssists architects and systems developers in the identification and implementation of appropriate information security functionality to ensure uniform application of security policy and enterprise solutions. Contributes to the security planning, assessment, risk analysis, risk management, certification and awareness activities for system and networking operations. Responsible as the point of contact for all IA inquiries and responses related to patching, scans, security plans, Reviews Certification and Accreditation (C&A) and other IA initiatives. Responsible for applying system security engineering expertise in one or more of the following: system security design process; engineering life cycle; information domain; cross domain solutions; identity management; system integration; auditing; certification and accreditation process; principles of IA (confidentiality, integrity, non-repudiation, availability and access control); and security testing
Required skills :
Desired education, certifications, skills, experience:
- Information Systems Security Engineering Professional (ISSEP) certification and CISSP Certification are requiredr
- 5 + yrs as a Information Security Systems Engineer on programs and contracts within the federal government
- Demonstrated knowledge of Spring Security, WS-Security, LDAP and Active Directory, SAML, and access control standards and technologies (Attribute, -Policy, and Roles based access controls)
- Demonstrated knowledge of both physical and cyber aspects of security and familiarity with resilience concepts
- Demonstrated knowledge of process improvement models such as CMMI or SixSigma, TQM, ISO9000, CERT-RMM;
- Demonstrated knowledge of NIST 800-series standards for information security
- Demonstrated knowledge of DoD DIACAP standard for information assurance certification and accreditation
- Demonstrated knowledge of Center for Internet Security Standards (CIS)
- Demonstrated experience using Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGS) on security, network, and systems security administration
- Demonstrated experience using Microsoft Project to develop schedules and manage risk
- Demonstrated experience preparing technical and non-technical briefings
- Demonstrated experience briefing Government Executives
- Ability to take meeting minutes that are unbiased and accurately reflect group discussion and can be used to hold personnel accountable for completing actions
- Strong oral and written communication, relationship management and conflict resolution skills. The ideal candidate will be an energetic and resourceful team-player and leader who can effectively work independent
- Active Secret Clearance
Windward strives to attract and retain the best individuals and provide an environment where they can all grow professionally and build a rewarding career. We continually strive to create an environment that balances work life and offers benefits that will enhance the compensation package. We offer Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance and AD&D, as well as the option to purchase additional Life Insurance and AD&D, Paid Time Off, Personal Leave, Holidays, 401(k) plan with company match and work/life balance.
- Bachelor of Science degree in a technical field (Computer Science, Information Systems) from an accredited college or university
- 8+ years of professional experience across the systems development lifecycle
Windward IT Solutions is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, ancestry, marital or veteran status.