IES is a $800M national provider of electrical and communications contracting solutions for the commercial, industrial and residential markets.
From office buildings to wind farms, industrial complexes to housing developments, our nearly 3,000 employees design, build and maintain the systems that empower lives.
Our commitment to our employees includes an industry leading benefit plan:
- Competitive pay
- Company paid time off
- Choice of medical plan options
- Dental and vision coverage
- Company paid life insurance
- Company paid short-term disability insurance
Performs or assists with installation, programming and checkout of systems and service installed jobs. Systems include, security, access control, CCTV, audio and mass notification systems.
Positions available in LA/Orange County areas as well!
Program and Installation of Security Systems (Card Access, CCTV, CATV and Intrusion systems) per manufacturer requirements and engineered drawings
Provide leadership on small projects
Act as the Company liaison for interface with customer representative(s)
Provide leadership on small projects.
Perform work with complete working knowledge of above systems
Perform system testing, troubleshooting and repairs
Understand all phases of construction, maintain project documentation and create red-lined field drawings according to Company policies and procedures
Adhere to and participate in all Company, customer and industry quality and safety standards and regulations
Other responsibilities as assigned
Basic Hand Tools: screwdriver – all sizes (regular and Phillips,), drywall saw, torpedo level, tape measure, snips (with belt sheath), pliers (adjustable, needle nose, lineman), hammer, cable stripper, insulated crimping tool, flashlight and gloves. Multimeter, butt-set, toner/wand, coax compression and/or hex crimp tool.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
Must be self-motivated, positive in approach, and present a professional image.
Must possess critical thinking skills as well the ability to effectively read, write and give oral presentation(s)
Must be able to act as the Company liaison for interface with customer representative(s)
Must have proven skill level to interpret blueprints and other service documents, including but not limited to, specifications, reporting and quality requirements
Must be able to travel within the branch territory and/or regional territory as needed
Must be able to work at heights, off of a ladder and in confined spaces, lift up to 50 pounds and move up to 75 pounds
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATION, LICENSE, & SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Must possess at least a High School diploma or GED equivalency
- Must possess a minimum of 3 - 5 years experience in security installation
- Must know or possess the knowledge to learn Company/industry codes
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook )
- Must be able to work at heights, off of a ladder and in confined spaces, lift up to 50 pounds and move up to 75 pounds
- Must be able to see and distinguish different colors, read small print and hear and recognize audible signals such as dial tones
- Must meet Company minimum driving standards
PLEASE NO AGENCY CALLS.
NOTE TO ALL AGENCIES: Any unsolicited agency resumes or agency represented candidates that are presented to any IES employee without first having a signed contract between that agency and the IES Talent Acquisition organization will become the property of IES and no fees will be paid.