The Segment Communications Manager, Provider Communications is responsible for planning, formulating, coordinating, and implementing the provider communication strategies and activities of the organization to create a consistent and integrated communication message to physicians, hospital leadership, medical office staff, and other health care providers in Iowa and South Dakota. Work in a strategic capacity as business partner to the Health Management Division to consult, develop and execute a broad range of communications solutions that support the corporation’s provider relations and network management strategies.
Hiring Specifications Required:
Bachelor's Degree in Journalism/Integrated Marketing Communications, Advertising, or Public Relations with 7+ years prior experience in a corporate communications environment, marketing firm or advertising agency.
Must have 7+ years experience developing integrated marketing communication solutions with the proven ability to execute measurable outcomes.
Exceptional interpersonal, communication and presentation skills. Ability to clearly articulate goals and expectations both verbally and in writing.
Demonstrated project leadership skills with a keen attention to detail and impeccable organizational skills to manage multiple, competing demands while maintaining a high quality product and garnering agreement on necessary reprioritization.
Ability to quickly grasp key points and synthesize information to create and convey a concise and clear message.
Proven ability to transform creative concepts into integrated marketing communications campaigns and solutions.
Proven ability to cultivate and manage key internal relationships to work collaboratively with committees and leadership to coordinate strategy and drive results.
Basic knowledge of branding, design and production methods for print and electronic.
Broad based computer system experience, especially those relating to the Web and inter/intranet applications and usage. Proficient in the use of Word, Project, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Ability to work well within a corporate environment is a must; ability to work collaboratively and build credibility with staff across the organization while maintaining the ability to be decisive and forthright in a consensus-drive professional environment.
Broad knowledge of health insurance products and services a plus, with an understanding of competitive sales and marketing strategies and techniques.
Hiring Specifications Preferred:
Master's Degree - Degree in Journalism/Integrated Marketing Communications, Advertising, or Public Relations
AMA, PRSA or other communications professional designation.
1. Reports to and works closely with Team Leader, Business Development in Corporate & Marketing Communications, to plan, develop, and execute a Provider Communications and public relations strategy that aligns and supports the organization’s overall provider relations and communications strategies and objectives.
2. Serves as business partner for Health Management and Provider Relations leadership to assure Provider Communication strategies support division goals and that corporate and health management initiatives and programs are being positively positioned with providers.
3. Works closely with Collaborations on Quality (pay-for-performance) leadership to develop and execute an integrated public relations/communications program to support various provider initiatives.
4. Serves as hands-on account manager responsible for coordination of Provider Communication projects including collateral material, newsletters, Web site content, public relations and advertising. Writes content and oversees execution of materials through shared services in Corporate & Marketing Communications including design and production, web content management, advertising and public relations support.
5. Serves as editorial and production manager on BlueInk, Wellmark’s bi-monthly publication for providers. Collaborates with Segment Communication managers and key stakeholders to collect, write and oversee monthly design and production of the publication.
6. Works closely with Provider Relations/Network Management staff to develop materials and consistent messages that yield business relationships with providers and champion Wellmark initiatives, and build high-performance provider networks.
7. Works closely with other Segment Communications Managers in Corporate & Marketing Communications to ensure consistent provider positioning is being integrated into other stakeholder audience communications including members, employers, distribution channels, and the general public.
8. Assist in development of annual departmental plan and strategic direction. Accountable for successful deliverables to support department and division strategies and goals, and for monitoring cost center budgets and making cost-effective recommendations and decisions.
9. Other duties as assigned.
Wellmark - 22 months ago