This position is responsible for selecting designated open-case product and placing it securely in a tote or box to fulfill customer orders. This position is key to customers receiving the correct product on time and in saleable condition. This position is a full time position starting at 3am with a rotating schedule.
A teammate in this position must have the ability to:
- Read selection labels (or scan with hand-held scanner in some departments) to identify slot location, product description and quantity required for each order.
- Pull correct quantities of designated product (identified by selection labels or signal light) from the slot location and lift into a tote or box on a static conveyor line.
- Push tote along static conveyor line to next slot location until the tote is full or the order is complete.
- Handle all product so as not to injure teammates or damage the product, the tote or other product.
- Pack product in the tote to ensure it is not damaged in any way during transportation by hand, palletizer, forklift, pallet jack, conveyors, tractor/trailer or hand truck.
- Comply effectively with company work and safety rules.
- Continually meet assigned production standards.
- Maintain a quality of work that limits mispicks, shorts and damages.
- Follow directions.
- Work independently and in a team environment.
- Be trained and certified to operate any required equipment within 30 days after hire.
- Comply with company attendance policy.
- Maintain a flexible work schedule to meet the changing needs of the Distribution Center; work schedules may require working an early shift, staying long for a late shift, and weekend work depending on the customer and operational requirements of the division.
- Work in warm and cold temperature conditions that may range from 38°F to 110°F; teammates assigned to the freezer must be able to work in temperatures as cold as -10° F.
- Stand, walk, bend, stoop, push, pull, grasp and reach above the head continuously for a period of two hours or more.
- Have High School Diploma or GED.
- Be 18 years or older.
- Be able to speak, read and understand the English language.
- Be able to successfully pass a physical capabilities test, drug screen and criminal background check.
- The environment encompasses all areas of a Distribution Center; material movement takes place throughout the facility.
- This position requires the teammate to work inside the majority of the time.
- This position may require work in hot and cold temperature extremes and exposure to dust, dirt, fumes, noise, potentially harmful chemicals, solvents and components, and working in close to proximity to other teammates.
- Closed-toe shoes must be worn at all times.
McLane - 17 months ago
copy to clipboard
You might say this company makes it convenient for stores and restaurants to get food. McLane Company is one of the largest wholesale...