The Senior or Lead Developer will be responsible for design, development, maintenance and support of mission critical Java enterprise applications. The ideal candidate will possess strong enterprise Java skills and either have prior experience or willingness to quickly learn HTML5/Flex.
You must be results-oriented, self-motivated and have the ability to thrive in a fast-pace environment. This role requires frequent interaction with project managers, developers, product managers, sales and helpdesk professionals in order to ensure that we deliver a quality-trading platform to our users.
- Lead development of Enterprise Java-based applications including design and implementation of new architecture and applications maintenance;
- Work in a team environment with business and QA analysts;
- Ensure system capacity, performance and failure recovery architecture including design and execution of non-functional tests;
- Help define and ensure consistent implementation of company software development processes and standards;
- Study new technology and remain technically current;
- Take initiative and work independently on some projects while contributing to a large team on others
- Support and enhance several mission-critical enterprise applications
- Provide production support for several 24/7 application.
- Lead production system troubleshooting and patches;
- 5-10 years experience with core Java and Java EE
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, sometimes stressful environment, and deliver production quality software within tight schedules;
- Understanding of distributed transactions
- Experience in concurrent and distributed programming
- Practical knowledge of Java application servers (JBoss, Tomcat, etc.)
- Financial industry expertise
- Comprehension of Spring Framework
- Knowledge of Maven
- TECHNOLOGY PREFERENCES
- Working knowledge in any of the following preferred: HTML5, Adobe Flex, Flex Remoting - BlazeDS, Spring MVC, JBoss, IBM MQ
- Experience with Open-Source Technologies required (e.g.: Hibernate, iBATIS, Jakarta Commons, Spring Framework, JUnit);
- Good working knowledge of software testing and building high quality software; Experience with software testing tools, regression testing, performance testing, a plus;
- Good verbal and written communication skills, with proven track record of producing and reviewing use cases, providing estimates, and organizing tasks; proficient in written design skills including Software Architecture Documentation utilizing UML, Sequence Diagrams, State Charts, component model diagrams, etc.
IntercontinentalExchange - 16 months ago