CS STARS delivers industry-leading software and services for managing risk, claims, and insurance. With offices worldwide, CS STARS helps customers use information technology to improve business processes, manage costs and reduce risk. CS STARS is an affiliate of Marsh & McLennan Companies, Inc. (MMC), a global professional services firm with approximately 55,000 employees and annual revenues approaching $12 billion. MMC also is the parent company of Guy Carpenter, Marsh, and Mercer. MMC's stock (ticker symbol: MMC) is listed on the New York, Chicago, Pacific, and London stock exchanges. MMC's Web site address is www.mmc.com. CS STARS' Web site address is www.csstars.com.
The successful candidate will exemplify Marsh's IGNITE Operating Principles, the behaviors that guide our conduct and growth - In Touch: Get out in front by being informed and being connected; Genuine: Be authentic with clients and each other; Nimble: Be flexible and move quickly to deliver quality results; Inclusive: Be open to diverse ideas, experiences and backgrounds; Trusted: Stand for integrity and ethical behavior; and Engaged: Actively participate in making Marsh extraordinary.
We are seeking a
Senior/Lead Systems Consultant
in our Midwest - CS STARS department.
Responsible for day to day front line client support activities such as: training, answering general questions about client’s solution, troubleshooting system issues and assisting with technical questions/issues. Performs and manages ongoing account work, maintains client issues lists and is responsible for coordinating the right resources to assist with delivering day to day support. Understands client’s business, collaborates within the organization to craft solutions and represents client needs in project delivery. Provides consulting services, training, systems validation, acceptance testing and general guidance to clients and project staff during projects (i.e. implementations, upgrades, expanded work, etc.) and ongoing service.
- Uses systems tools and processes to provide business analysis or product technical expertise
- Provides ongoing support to clients in the following capacity:
- Acts as subject matter expert to understand client requirements
- Relates application to client needs
- Identifies, troubleshoots and resolves issues
- Installs, configures and upgrades clients in locally hosted and ASP environments
- Develops or collaborates to develop technical solutions and leads technical training related to client configurations
- Communicates and liaisons with all departments in organization to resolve client issues
- Responsible for achieving target proficiency and target utilization
- Supports the identification, pursuit and implementation of expanded opportunities. When needed, support new sales efforts
- Works closely with Account Executive on all client matters and escalates issues swiftly, when appropriate
- 6-8+ years of relevant experience.
- Delivers innovative solutions from concept through implementation and is recognized as a thought leader throughout the entire organization.
- Applies detailed and specialized knowledge of analysis tools/techniques, issue resolution and relevant factors in the industry.
- Senior level advisory resource on large more complex implementation projects and ongoing support; achieves utilization, client retention and client satisfaction targets
- May be responsible for designing solutions for smaller projects
- Demonstrates leadership qualities, mentors and guides others in regard to technical, educational, business management, and internal responsibilities.
- Leverages corporate resources and seeks opportunities to bring solutions to other colleagues.
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred.
- Ability to self-start and independently initiate new opportunities.
- Demonstrated ability to function effectively both independently and within a team/matrix in a high visibility client environment
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and strong problem solving skills.
- Must demonstrate professional and ethical business practices, adherence to company standards, and a commitment to personal and professional development.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills to communicate with colleagues, clients, and vendors.
- Ability to deliver highly technical information to less technical individuals.
- Proven time management skills to manage multiple priorities and deliver timely and accurate wok
- Must demonstrate strong active listening and follow-up skills.
- Strong computer skills and the ability to navigate through multiple systems without assistance.
Software and System Development
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates
are equal opportunity employers
Marsh & McLennan Companies is a global professional services firm providing advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy and...