Performs development and/or follow of programs or projects to ensure environmental compliance with operational, design, regulatory, and Program requirements. Examples include performing work document reviews, engineering evaluations, or analyses to support assigned tasks. Provides subject matter expertise in regulated areas such as environmental, safety, and health, waste management, and emergency planning to support safe and compliant execution of work activities. Work may include providing interface, independent oversight, and assessment of KAPL, subcontractor, and vendor facility operations, material evaluations, design reviews, development of engineering methods, major site system and facility operations. Preparation and maintenance of records and reports to meet regulatory and Program requirements, evaluate and assess site performance, perform surveillances, clarify and implement regulatory requirements, prepare, review and approve technical work procedures and identify improvements to existing processes. May lead or provide support for inspections and interface with outside regulatory agencies at the Kesselring Site and/or other NNPP facilities.
BS degree in technical or science related field from an accredited college or university and a minimum of six years of relevant experience; or MS degree in technical or science related field from an accredited college or university and a minimum of four years of relevant experience
BS degree in technical or science related field from an accredited college or university and a minimum of nine years of relevant experience
- Experience developing and implementing ESH Managment Systems
- Professional Certification(s) (i.e. CHMM, P.E., P.G., LSP, QEP, CSP, etc)
- Experience in developing regulatory interpretations and positions regarding NYSDEC and Federal Environmental Regulations and Environmental Conservation Law
- Experience developing junior ESH professionals
- Experience managing projects using Project Management Principles
- Experience managing budgets and other complianace management financials
- Qualified, or the ability to qualify as a service contract work administrator
- Wastewater, Hazardous Waste and Chemical and Petroleum Bulk Storage systems, operations, response plans (SPCC, SPR, RCRA TSDF, etc.)
- Demonstrated effective verbal communication skills to clearly and concisely illustrate and convey complex concepts.
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal and teaming skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage projects.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple priorities with strong attention to detail.
Bettis Laboratory and Knolls Atomic Power Laboratory are operated for the Department of Energy by Bechtel Marine Propulsion Corporation. The Bettis and KAPL Laboratories, located in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and Niskayuna, New York, respectively, develop naval nuclear propulsion systems. Our team of over 6,000 people design the world’s most technologically advanced reactor plants and systems, and we support the U.S. fleet of nuclear-powered ships. The Laboratories train enlisted and officer propulsion plant operators at the Charleston, SC and West Milton, NY facilities and operate a one-of-a-kind reactor core examination facility in Idaho Falls, ID.
All candidates must be U.S. citizens. Applicants selected will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified matter.
BMPC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and is Committed to Workforce Diversity.
Bechtel Bettis - 23 months ago
Bechtel (www.bechtel.com) is a global engineering, construction and project management company with more than a century of experience on...