C++, Java, Distributed Systems Management, CIM, WBEM
General intention and expectations of candidate:
Quorum is seeking a senior level engineer to join our team and participate in the development of the distributed management and control plane across the company’s appliance and cloud products.
This position requires an engineer with strong background in distributed system management. Experience with CIM/WBEM or a similar distributed management technology is required. A strong background in algorithm development, analysis, and extension is required.
The successful candidate will be a self-motivated engineer who enjoys the dynamics of a startup company, always finds themselves at the center of development projects, and believes that untested code is broken code.
The Principle Engineer will work with the control plane / management layer of Quorum’s products from architecture through design and implementation. Working in C++ on both Linux and Windows platforms, this engineer will:
- Design and implement significant functional components for a distributed management and control plane of a complex IT infrastructure product.
- Define and implement overall architecture, specific algorithms, data structures, performance requirements and other design aspects.
- Design, analyze, implement, tune and debug critical sections of Quorum’s storage software. This includes unit, functional, and system testing.
Bachelors degree required, Masters degree or beyond preferred. The candidate must have a degree in one of the following areas: Computer Science, Electrical/Mechanical Engineering, Mathematics or Physics.
MSCS and 5+ years relevant work experience, BSCS and 8+ years relevant work experience, Other BS/MS and 10+ years relevant work experience.
- Strong, proven development skills in C++, including strong experience with common template libraries such as STL and Boost.
- Strong object-oriented design skills.
- Experience developing management and control plane software for IT infrastructure storage or
- Experience developing in Linux and Windows environments.
- Experience designing and implementing distributed management systems.
- Strong knowledge of distributed computing algorithms and client / server architectures and algorithms.
- Experience with and strong knowledge of distributed management models, protocols, and systems such as DMTF CIM and WBEM.
- Experience analyzing and refactoring for performance and / or maintainability.
- Knowledge of and/or experience with OpenWBEM.
- Development skills in Java.
- Experience with large scale distributed management systems for cloud or similar infrastructures.
- Results oriented.
- Process driven.
- Pragmatic: able to analyze trade-offs and prioritize tasks in order to achieve goals.
- Strong sense of self-discipline: able to overcome difficulties, uncertainty and temptations that conflict with
- Entrepreneurial-spirit (passionate about joining a startup).
- Team player.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Able to communicate with peers and management.
- Credible / High professional standards
- Strong motivation for individual and organization success.
- Demonstrable commitment to excellence/diligence (as demonstrated by education, business and
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills, including a strong sense of intellectual honesty.
QuorumLabs, Inc. - 19 months ago