This position is located in Serra Mesa.
8-hour shift; 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
- Bachelor of Science Degree (Healthcare related field/Hospital administration) required
- Master's Degree preferred
- Minimum of 3 years experience in hospital clinical operations required
- Experience in leadership promoting collaborative teamwork required
- Multi-hospital experience preferred
- Knowledge of CMS, Joint Commission, Title 22 and laws and requirements imposed on healthcare organizations required
- Knowledge of general principles of quality improvement, infections control, safety, corporate compliance and HIPAA
- Operational knowledge of a variety of computer software applications, including MS WORD, EXCEL, PPT, Cerner
- Ability to effectively interact, in oral and written forms, with medical and hospital staff, as well as patients, families, visitors, attorneys and the community at large as required
This position is accountable for operational activities to ensure the realization of established regulatory and accreditation objectives of the Sharp Metropolitan Medical Campus entities (Sharp Memorial, Sharp Mary Birch Hospital for Women and Newborns, Sharp Mesa Vista, and Sharp McDonald Center) in fulfillment of the Mission, Values, and Philosophy of Sharp HealthCare. The incumbent is responsible for the direction, management, coordination, and implementation of all regulatory and accreditation compliance issues. Works directly with staff, managers, directors and vice presidents to ensure compliance with California Title 22 and other applicable sections, and other state, city, or county ordinances that impact the organization. Collaborates with physicians, facilities engineering, nursing services, and other departments to assure that the hospitals are in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws, CMS and Joint Commission requirements, licensing and certification regulations, and organizational policies. Ensures that all required documentation is completed for regulatory compliance and accreditation, and submitted to appropriate external authorities. Ensures coordination and collaboration with system-wide regulatory affairs and accreditation initiatives. The position is responsible at all times for the operation of regulatory affairs and compliance functions and acts as a consultant to the Sharp Memorial Hospitals Executive Team.
Sharp Memorial Hospital — the first hospital in San Diego with all private patient rooms — is dedicated to providing the highest-quality, patient-centered care and consists of 368 beds . Designed to promote comfort and healing with the use of natural light and soothing colors, the hospital offers the latest medical technology and is home to San Diego’s largest, most modern Emergency and Trauma Center.
Sharp Memorial is known for outstanding programs in cardiac and vascular care, cancer treatment, orthopedic and neurological services, rehabilitation, robotic surgery and multi-organ transplantation, and has been recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for nursing excellence and is also designated as a Patient-Centered Hospital by Planetree, an organization committed to personalizing, humanizing, and demystifying the hospital experience for patients and their families.
Occasionally does light work, lifting or carrying 20 pounds. Able to spend 6-8 hours per day sitting at desk or computer terminal and/or walking between hospital departments. Uses telephones often. Must be able to hear and speak clearly by telephone. Ability to meet frequent deadlines and tight schedules.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (M/F/D/V).
Each new hire candidate who is offered employment must pass a physical evaluation, urine drug screen and pre-employment back ground checks before starting work.
Sharp Healthcare - 14 months ago
The docs and the scalpels are sharp at Sharp Memorial Hospital. The flagship facility of Sharp HealthCare, the not-for-profit hospital...