Senior / Job Cost Accountant needed for a full-time position in Makena, Maui. This person will be responsible for ensuring that the records and ledgers of the company are managed as efficiently and successfully as possible. This will include preparing the daily accounting functions of the company, supervising junior staff, assisting in preparing financial reports, and compiling financial data.
Candidates for this role must have a bachelor's degree, preferably in accounting, finance, business, or equivalent and the ability to maintain strong working relationships and communications with management, staff, and vendors.
This company is a well-known developer and operator of resort communities and private clubs in North America. They have been regarded as one of the leading private developers in their industry.
- Assist in preparation of all financial reporting.
- Maintain general ledger accuracy.
- Reconcile various ledger accounts.
- Coordinate and lead the preparation of maintenance of payroll.
- Lead all A/R functions, including posting, reconciling, and collecting interest.
- Act as the senior business liaison with the community association manager.
- Assist in budget preparation and compilation for all departments and entities.
- Assist in annual audits.
- Assist in the preparation and process of any annual federal and state income tax requirements.
Required Education and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, business, or equivalent.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to maintain strong working relationships.
- Must have good organization skills and strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Computer literacy is required, with extensive knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Timberline software experience a plus.
For over 40 years ALTRES has been supporting our island community. As Hawaii's largest locally-owned staffing company we match thousands of...