Job Title: Senior / Lead software Developer
Job Location: Raleigh - NC
Job Type: Contract Type
Job Duration: 12 - Month(s)
Roles And Responsibilities :
Major duties include:
- Consult with customers to ensure implementation is on track to meet expectations.
- Design, develop, maintain, and support advanced tools, technologies and methodologies related to GIS.
- Develop scripts, program modules, and applications as needed for implementation, testing, monitoring, and maintenance.
- Develop and implement operations and maintenance processes with NCDOT staff.
- Assist with reviews (design, code, etc.) and make recommendations for required changes and suggestions for improvement.
- Develop test plans for all levels of testing. Develop and execute regression, design verification, and performance tests.
This position is assigned to the GIS Unit. It is an advanced software development role in a team environment requiring specialization in GIS technology and an advanced understanding of application and system development. Strong skills in application source code development, complex system integration, software configuration management, and development processes are required.-
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Requirements: -
Experience and knowledge for this position must include:
- Proficiency with Visual Studio.NET 2010, C# and Python in a service oriented architecture (SOA).
- Proficiency developing and deploying .NET solutions with IIS.
- Knowledge of GIS principals, theories, and practices.
- Proficiency with ESRI’s ArcGIS product line.
- Knowledge of ArcGIS Server (security, scaling, load balancing, deployment).
- Knowledge of ArcObjects.
- Proficiency with installing and configuring software in a Microsoft server environment.
- Experience with the integrating and implementing complex technology solutions
- Knowledge of industry standards including (UML, XML, XSD, XSLT, HTML, CSS, Web Services, SOAP, REST, AJAX).
- Knowledge of software development methodologies.
- Proficiency with automating manual business and IT processes.
- Experience with Software Configuration Management tools. e.g. Team Foundation Server, CVS, Subversion, or Clear Case.
- Knowledge of virtualization and cloud technologies
- The ability to develop activity schedules from high level requests.
- The ability to work proficiently with very minimal daily guidance.
- The ability to communicate effectively in oral and written forms.
- Demonstrated experience in working with external technology vendors.