The development manager would be leading a team comprising of technical leads and developers within the IT – Business Applications team. The person in this role would be responsible to provide development services for a portfolio of custom applications and integration solutions catering to various functional areas.
The manager will work with the Business Analyst team and manage development delivery roadmap for a portfolio of functional applications.
This role encompasses providing technical leadership, mentoring and management of technology professionals including local/remote full-time-employees and outsourcing vendor partner resources.
The role also includes developing, maintaining, evolving and implementing standard practices for the development of new and existing applications. It also includes working with the other IT groups (Application Architecture, Information Security, Infrastructure, Configuration Management, etc.) to architect solutions, to debug production issues and to establish standard practices for the development team.
· 5+ years of management experience in managing software development teams and 12+ years of overall IT/software development industry experience
· Prefer candidates with technical design and/or hands-on web application development background
· Proven experience to lead and concurrently manage multiple development projects
· Demonstrated ability to manage local and remote teams
· Demonstrated ability to map functional requirements into application architecture, software design and high quality delivery.
· Strong experience in managing and working with outsourcing partners in multiple time zones
· Must possess experience, knowledge and understanding of software development lifecycle management, tools, and cross-functional initiatives
· Experience in a large, complex organization or corporate structure environment
· Must have excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
· Must be able to work in stressful situations
· Prior experience in development and maintenance of Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) based web applications and integration solutions
· Strong experience and knowledge of Microsoft .NET technologies (ASP.Net, C#, IIS, SharePoint, Microsoft SQL Server, etc.) and related object oriented development methodologies
· Strong experience in delivering highly functional Web 2.0 interfaces using the latest AJAX technology, preferably with jQuery
· Solid understanding of LAMP and/or Java application stack would be a plus
· In-depth knowledge of web architectures, technologies and development techniques
· Knowledge of design patterns and development best practices, including agile methodologies
· Prior experience of resolving performance issues and refactoring design/code experience for scalability of large application would be a plus
· Prior experience in managing delivery of web based, large scale, highly available, distributed systems with heavy usage
· Candidate must possess a BS or MS degree in Computer Science or a related Engineering field
A Company of Innovation and Engineering A Community of Talent
As a leading provider of highly integrated semiconductor technology...