Ensure the integrity of accounting information by compiling, verifying, entering, and reconciling transactions applicable to the business and obtain cross-departmental information necessary for the monthly closing process. Assist in the preparation of the monthly reporting package and analysis of P&L variances, as well as the forecasting and budgeting processes, and completing other projects as assigned. Works under minimal supervision, supporting the accounting function in accordance with accounting principles and organization guidelines. ~
- Responsible for various Corporate Accounting activities, including the preparation of the consolidated monthly and quarterly financial statements (balance sheet, P&L and cash flows) and Balance Sheet and P&L variance analyses.
- Interprets the meaning of financial information and makes accounting adjustments accordingly.
- Prepares journal entries.
- Prepares revenue and expense analyses and account reconciliations.
- Proposes ways to enhance and increase the efficiency of the month-end close process.
- Reviews and incorporates Divisional subsidiary monthly and quarterly closing packages and related supporting schedules with Corporate schedules. Interacts with Divisional accounting staff regarding financial statements, account reconciliations and variance analyses.
- Prepares footnote disclosure supporting schedules to provide to the financial reporting team.
- Assists in preparing supporting schedules for external auditors and responding to audit inquiries.
- Assists with/leads special projects as they arise.
- 6-8 years combined public accounting firm and public company experience (in accounting department performing month-end close tasks)
- CPA strongly preferred
- Proficient computer skills; experience with SAP a plus
- Excellent analytical and abstract reasoning skills
- Ability to resolve issues and propose solutions to issues that arise on a day-to-day basis
- In-depth knowledge of accounting principles
- Ability to focus on multiple tasks, while meeting all deadlines
- Ability to work efficiently and accurately in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Ability to self-motivate and self-prioritize with minimal supervision
- Ability to work with accounting and finance management in a team environment
*LI - SC1
CareerBuilder - 22 months ago