The role of Senior Accountant - Construction, added to accommodate our strong growth, is your opportunity to take ownership of a range of accounting functions associated with the production of CNG and LNG fueling stations. Focusing on your area of expertise, project costing or reports and reconciliation, you'll make an impact building important cross-functional relationships, leveraging your exceptional accounting / costing skills, and helping develop efficiencies that will create, streamline and improve accounting processes and procedures for our construction projects.
The ideal candidate for the reporting role will have a CPA, public accounting experience from a medium to Big 4 firm, and solid audit experience. You should be highly-skilled with month-end / quarterly / year-end closing, account reconciliations, reporting and analysis.
The ideal candidate focusing on project costs will have Construction, Engineering or Project Cost experience and advanced analytical skills. You should have experience tracking construction costs, doing margin analysis, contract compliance, and other associated duties.
At a minimum you will need:
If you're a person who enjoys taking ownership of your work, keeping multiple projects / assignments moving, and cross-functional lines of communication open, this role could be your perfect fit. We have several Senior Accounting positions available, reporting to the Construction Accounting Manager and working in two distinct areas. The first will be more heavily accounting-based and be responsible for reporting and closing. The other will focus primarily on project costs, but still will require solid accounting skills. Please see the requirements section for the unique qualifications for each role.
- Five+ years of accounting experience relevant to the role you're pursuing.
- A bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance plus eight years of professional experience or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- The ability to communicate effectively and gather necessary information from project stakeholders.
- A solid understanding of the workings of a large, publicly traded company.
- The ability to work and thrive in a fast paced, rapidly growing environment.