Senior Accountant – Engineering and R&D
Full-Time — San Francisco, CA
Twitter has an opportunity for Senior Accountant who will be responsible for partnering with cross functional teams to support Engineering and R&D Operations. The Senior Accountant will work closely during the monthly close process with our shared services and FP&A teams to ensure that cost of sales and R&D expenses are reported accurately in accordance with US generally accepted accounting principles (US GAAP).
- Responsible for timely and accurate close of the cost of sales and R&D expenses and all associated reporting and reconciliation in accordance with monthly close schedules.
- Perform balance sheet and P&L fluctuation analysis, reconciliation and rollforward schedules for related to areas of responsibility.
- Work closely with FP&A and Twitter shared services team in India on a daily basis to ensure transactions relating to Engineering and R&D transactions are recorded accurately and timely.
- Responsible for month end accrual and prepaid process for related to areas of responsibility.
- Coordinate with Sales Operations team in relation to partnership agreements with third party vendors that affects cost of sales. Determines appropriate accounting for these partnership agreements.
- Prepare, enter and review journal entries relating to related to areas of responsibility.
- Research and resolve accounting issues, and assist with application of US GAAP.
- Assist with the development and implementation of global business process procedures, and system interfaces and features to enhance end-to-end Record to Report process workflow.
- Assist with continuously improve accrual and prepaid processes with automation and procedural enhancements.
- Partner with engineering, FP&A, technical accounting and other stakeholders to define and deploy systems and business processes to support overall department and company gulls.
- Accountable for resolving complex business operation issues, recommend solutions and lead them to successful conclusion
- Lead and assist with other special projects as needed; drive projects to successful completion.
- Assist with quarterly and annual audits; including the compilation and preparation of supporting schedules, work papers, and financial reports related to areas of responsibility.
- Ensure compliance with key controls in the Record to Report cycle, accurate US GAAP reporting, audit requirements, and external reporting requirements.
- Travel to other sites as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- CPA with 5+ years of public accounting and industry experience
- In depth knowledge of US GAAP and compliance
- Good understanding and hands on experience of accrual process
- Experience with ERP systems (Oracle)
- Excellent organizational skills, knows how to multi-task, detail oriented, strong analytical and communication skills
- Able to maintain financial accuracy while meeting closing dates
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced and often ambiguous work environment
Twitter - 5 months ago
Here's less than 140 characters for ya: trivial texts or not, every one's all a-twitter about tweeting. Twitter operates a free...