With minimal supervision, the Senior Accountant will work in the Finance Shared Service Center group and is responsible for applying accounting principles and procedures to analyze financial information, prepare accurate and timely financial reports and statements and ensure appropriate accounting control procedures.
- Work in the Finance Shared Service Center group to compile and analyze financial information for North America sites. Ensure accurate monthly, quarterly and year end close ensuring all financial reporting deadlines are met.
- Communicate and coordinate the recording of financial data with the site Finance Managers
- Ensure alignment with other regional Shared Service Centers
- Ensure financial records are maintained in compliance with accepted policies and procedures
- Monitor the implementation and maintenance of accounting control procedures
- Resolve accounting discrepancies and irregularities
- Continuously manages and supports budget and forecast activities. Ensure accurate and appropriate recording and analysis of revenues and expenses
- Update and maintain standard operating processes for shared service centers work flows
- Help to identify and develop process improvements
- Develop and maintain financial data bases
- Prepares for financial audits and coordinates the audit process
- Analyze and advise on business operations including revenue and expenditure trends, financial commitments and future revenues
- Prepares consolidation of inter-company transactions and reconciliations which may include foreign currency accounting
- Computer literate, proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Must have advanced knolwedge of Microsoft Excel.
- Experience must be from a manufacturing or similar company.
- Experience with an ERP system is critical (QAD is preferred).
- Experience with a Consolidation System is a plus (Hyperion preferred).
- Experience with Sage FAS (or similar system) is a plus.
- Experience in a shared services environment is a plus.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, both written and oral.
- Strong organizational skills.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Candidate must be adaptable and able to work well with changing duties.
- Candidate must have excellent follow up skills.
- Candidate must have a high level of ownership.
- Bachelor''s degree in Accounting.
- Minimum 5 years of working experience in an accounting environment.
Laird Technologies recognizes that an individual with a disability may require an accommodation to enable them to successfully perform a job function. Should you require such an accommodation, please indicate the job function and suggested accommodation. Laird will attempt to make reasonable accommodation.
Laird Technologies, Inc. - 11 months ago