Rentrak (Nasdaq: RENT) is a global digital media measurement and research company, serving the most recognizable companies in the entertainment industry. Our Finance Department is currently seeking a Senior Accountant to add to our growing company of talented team members. If you are seeking a challenging opportunity and like a fast paced, ever changing environment, this job is for you!
This position is primarily responsible for the accounting and reporting related to revenue recognition. The Senior Accountant will also be responsible for revenue sharing agreements, sales & use tax reporting, and review of accounts receivable. This position provides support for internal and external audits and will take an active role in process improvement initiatives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Review and analysis of contracts to ensure recognition of revenue in accordance with GAAP (ASC 605) and compliance with internal controls.
- Monthly JE
We offer a friendly team oriented workplace and our benefits are among the best in the business including matching 401K program, medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, wellness programs, tuition reimbursement, an extremely generous vacation package and more.
- 's, reconciliations and reporting as assigned. Technical research as required to support revenue recognition policies. Accounting and reporting for revenue sharing agreements. Responsible for AMI accounts receivable review, analysis of associated reserves and deferred revenue accounting. Preparation and filing of sales & use tax returns. Accounting support for internal and external audits, including preparation and review of audit schedules. Assist with process improvement initiatives, specifically including the automation of billing and banking processes. Other special projects as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university with Accounting emphasis
- Certified Public Accountant designation required.
- Minimum of 4-6 years of professional level experience, with direct experience related to revenue recognition.
- Strong spreadsheet skills are essential and Oracle software is preferred.
- Must be well organized and detail-oriented.
- Ability to solve problems independently, collaborate with others and work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Flexibility to adapt to changes in priorities and ability to multitask in order to ensure critical deadlines are met.
- Process oriented, highly organized and strong attention to detail.
- Familiarity of current US GAAP related to revenue recognition.
Rentrak Corporation proudly supports Affirmative Action. Rentrak Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background investigation and pre-employment drug screen.
*No recruiters or agencies please.
Rentrak - 16 months ago