This position will be responsible for the reporting and reconciliation of the US/Canada intercompany activity with our client. This position manages an area with high volume and high complexity. This position is also responsible for managing the Intercompany loans as well as supporting tax restructurings. Key responsibilities of this position include 1) ensuring the month-end financial statements are correctly stated for both Intercompany receivables/payables and Intercompany loans 2) working to eliminate out of balances with the foreign affiliates and 3) identifying problems including system related issues and working with the appropriate parties to get corrected. Issue resolution is a critical aspect of this position as errors can have a material impact on the financial statements. A key role of this position is to provide guidance to the foreign affiliates and identify and implement process improvements.
- Manage intercompany (IC) activity (product and non-product) including the researching and resolving issues (system and process related), providing guidance to the foreign affiliates and identifying process improvements to minimize IC mismatches.
- Execute intercompany month end accounting activities for our client by analyzing data and preparing accrual entries to ensure Intercompany financial accounts are correctly stated.
- Perform intercompany account reconciliations for our client. This includes requesting information, analyzing data, working with the foreign affiliates to resolve out of balances and booking correcting entries.
- Identify system defects and implement work-around until the defect is resolved to ensure the Intercompany balances are correctly stated.
- Manage and execute accounting activities relating to intercompany loans including booking monthly interest, recording loan payments and reconciling account balances.
- Book entries related to tax restructuring events.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting (MBA/CPA Preferred)
- Minimum 6 years of experience in Accounting
- Possess critical thinking skills, quantitative and analytical problem solving skills
- Shows initiative and has sound decision making skills
- Exhibits strong communication skills (written and oral)
- Proficient in SAP
- Proficient in Excel including advanced functions and is easily able to learn new system
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to remain stationary; move; lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. The employee must regularly sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; communicate. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The Company does not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment based upon race, color, national origin, genetic information, religious beliefs, gender, age, disability, U.S. veteran status, or any other protected classifications, activities, or conditions as required by federal, state and local laws.