Manages tenant billing and related functions for CG buildings. Key liaison with building tenant administrators and HOPS personnel related to these tenant accounting functions.
(Please list duties and responsibilities required to perform this job successfully by order of importance. In the right-hand box, estimate percent of time typically devoted to this essential function.
- Prepares monthly billing to CG tenants in accordance with current lease documents
- Records tenant rent payments and adjustments in MRI system, including Section 8 and other government subsidies. Ensures that payments are in compliance with all lease terms
- Prepares monthly tenant rent billing accounts receivable reports and aging schedules, and tenant vacancy reports
- Follows up on all old tenant bills for collection and coordinates with building management and HOPS related to such
- Prepares annual and periodic rental revenue projections for budgeting and forecasting purposes, for both new and existing buildings. Calculates management fees due from each property
- Establishes new building tenant billing databases within MRI and Financial Edge software. Imports MRI entries into Financial Edge for each property
- Reconciles related tenant bank accounts, and accounts receivable and revenue account ledgers
- Processes new tenant move-ins and existing tenant move-outs
- Prepares monthly rent subsidy billing reports to outside government agencies, and works closely with related government auditors
- Prepares related monthly general ledger account analysis and schedules, especially related to year-end annual audits
- Assists the Assistant Controllers and Controller as required
- Prepares special financial analysis as required
- Performs other related duties as assigned
At least 7-10 years of billing and accounts receivable experience, preferably with building operations, government subsidies and related government grants."
Appropriate training with various accounting functions.
Strong skills in problem solving, analysis, attention to detail, planning/organizing, and quality control. Must be able to work independently in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple priorities simultaneously. Ability to write clearly and persuasively."
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
Proficiency in Excel and familiarity with various accounting software (preferably MRI
Strong experience within CG preferred
Common Ground is an Equal Opportunity Employer