Senior Accountant - Close/Consolidation (Job Number: 009553) |
At Walgreens, we help people get, stay and live well. That’s our core purpose and the difference we make in people’s lives every day. Our purpose has shaped the direction of our company since Charles R. Walgreen Sr. founded his first drugstore in 1901, and it still does today.
Our team members make that purpose come to life in our over 7,800 stores in all 50 states, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico, in our call centers, distribution centers, on-site clinics, specialty pharmacies and corporate offices. In fact, those daily demonstrations of our purpose have helped Walgreens become an industry leader and a household name.
Walgreens has something for everyone who wants to build a successful career. Here, you’ll find supportive co-workers, an innovative environment and the tools you need to grow your skills, help build healthy communities and advance your career.
The Senior Accountant - Close/Consolidation is responsible for providing accounting skills and project management skills for the Accounting function (journal entries, account reconciliations, budgets, other schedules). Prepares financial disclosures for external reporting according to WAG policies and procedures.
- Manages timely completion and accuracy of financial statements.
- Processes journal entries and prepares account reconciliations that are out of scope for the Service Provider. Prepares required adjusting entries.
- Coordinates with tax, operational, finance, general accounting and shared services teams as necessary.
- Prepares reports in support of internal and external audits.
- Interfaces with other business units and departments to understand how their activities impact the consolidated financials and partner with these departments to identify and implement process improvements.
- Facilitates and leads business need driven projects.
Basic Qualifications & Interests:
Preferred Qualifications & Interests
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 3 years experience in Accounting or Finance (includes knowledge of accounting systems, general accounting principles (GAAP), financial accounting and reporting and general ledger administration).
- Experience analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
- Experience with project management (planning, organizing, and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific project goals and objectives).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: applying a theme, formatting character spacing, inserting a picture, changing slide layout and theme colors, adding transitions, customizing slide numbers, changing chart style and/or formatting font).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: inserting headers, page breaks, page numbers and tables and/or adjusting table columns).
Walgreens - 18 months ago
At Walgreens, we help people get, stay and live well. That is our core purpose and the difference we make in people's lives every day. Our...