Perform assigned accounting functions, complete assigned reports and provide accurate and timely information for review by the Director.
Responsible for preparing monthly journal entries related to expense and balance sheet accounts.
Responsible for tracking of fixed assets through the asset management program of Lawson.
Create and analyze supporting schedules and general ledger accounts for interim, monthly and year end closing.
Review monthly trial balance of general ledger and perform account analysis including variance explanations.
Provide accurate and timely information for review by the Director.
Create supporting schedules as needed for the preparation of the tax form 1120 and Internal and Audited Financial statements.
Perform varying account analysis and workpapers.
Performs related duties as assigned and unrelated duties as requested by the Director and Assistant Vice President of Financial Reporting.
Education, Training and Experience :
- Bachelor’s Degree with a major in Accounting required
- PC and Excel knowledge mandatory.
- Knowledge of Lawson software a plus.
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
- Account and accrual analysis needed.
- Expense and balance sheet account analysis mandatory.
- Experience with preparation of Footnotes for the Audited Financial statements a plus.
- Position will require overtime for certain periods of the year.
- 3-5 years Accounting experience required (healthcare preferred).
Catholic Health Services of Long Island - 8 months ago