Senior Acquisition Specialists are primarily responsible for managing, planning, organizing, and leading tasks and projects for the entire acquisition life-cycle, and for exceeding client expectations in the quality of all client deliverables. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Developing and reviewing acquisition strategies, documentation, statements of objectives, source selection plans, and business cases that support acquisition decisions;
- Providing acquisition support for services and supplies, including major system acquisitions, and executing the full life-cycle acquisition requirement;
- Utilizing automated systems for tracking and monitoring acquisition status, funding, implementation, and closeout; and
- Utilizing ASI's knowledge base to stay current on all facets of acquisition.
About ASI Government
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent certification in Business Administration or a related field .
- DAWIA III / APDP certified in Contracting.
- Active TS/SCI clearance (current TS/SCI eligibility or access).
- 12+ years of experience in the Federal acquisition arena.
- Previous supervisory, leadership, or mentoring experience with demonstrated ability to lead, coach, and develop teammates toward achieving desired goals and outcomes.
- Relevant experience, to include well-developed acquisition planning, strategy development, negotiations, contract administration, pricing analysis, and related functional assignments in the execution of the acquisition related requirements.
- Superior knowledge of performance-based service contracting concepts, strategies, and governing rules and regulations.
- Knowledge and mastery of federal acquisition laws and regulations, including Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), the Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations (DFAR) and agency specific regulations.
- Knowledge of General Accounting Principles, including a working knowledge of project financial statements and an understanding of basic business principals as they relate to profitability.
- Knowledge of project management principles, automated tools, and program status tracking techniques.
- Knowledge of DoD 5000 Standards.
- Ability and desire to maintain and expand client relationships through the delivery of high quality work.
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to read regulatory, policy and related acquisition guidance, interpret that guidance to a stated situation, and apply the concepts presented in the guidance.
- Ability to think independently and provide others with convincing and persuasive evidence that supports a stated acquisition strategy or position.
- Ability to multitask and work effectively, both independently and in teams, ensuring timely completion of assignments and meeting established quality standards.
- Superior interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact in a professional manner with senior level government managers and teammates during periods of high stress and tight deadlines.
For more than a decade, ASI Government (formerly Acquisition Solutions, Inc.) has served as a trusted advisor to government leaders seeking to improve mission performance, enhance organizational effectiveness, and drive strategic change. Our professionals are called in to help agencies deal with their toughest program and acquisition challenges, and we have a history of delivering results. We hire the best and the brightest in the industry. Our people are skilled professionals with integrity, intelligence, and the motivation to make a difference. Best of all, we offer meaningful work, open communication, and a highly collaborative environment.
Acquisition Solutions - 18 months ago