We are working with an insurance group, more specifically with their property and casualty (P&C) team. The purpose of the senior actuarial technical lead is to develop predictive models, applications, and platforms for aggregation analytics. Essentially, s/he will be supporting efforts to apply scenario-based methods to measure and manage risk. The lead will interacting with senior management as well as liaising between different groups to get information, thus will need to have excellent communication skills. This team is fast growing, and the lead will be poised for a manager role in the future with direct reports.
Keywords: actuary, actuarial analyst, property and casualty, P&C, actuarial modeling, predictive modeling, databases, models, applications, platforms, risk aggregation, enterprise risk management, Excel, Access, New York
- Min MS in a quantitative discipline (preferably Actuarial Science)
- Min 6-9 years of related experience (P&C, actuarial)
- Demonstrated knowledge of technologies for capturing, storing, and using large data sets
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Technical skills: Excel, Access
- Fellow of the Casualty Actuarial Society (FCAS), Associate in Risk Management (ARM), and Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter (CPCU) designations/candidate a plus.
Although preferable, we do not require a CV, please feel free to get in touch regarding this role to talk to a member of the team to discuss this role. For more current openings with our clients, please see www.g-q-r.com/vacancies
We Welcome speculative and tentative applications roles and others of a similar nature that we may have available on our books.
Search Consultant: James Friend –please mention job title
Contact Telephone Number: 310-807-5030
Linked In: http://www.linkedin.com/e/vgh/1615777
QuantFinanceJobs.com - 18 months ago