The American Civil Liberties Union of Maine and the American Civil Liberties Union of Maine Foundation ("ACLU of ME") seek a Senior Administrative Assistant/Office Manager. The ACLU of ME is a statewide, not-for-profit, public interest organization committed to advancing and preserving civil liberties in Maine. The ACLU of ME advances civil liberties through litigation, legislation, and public education. The organization has over 3,000 members statewide. The office is in Portland.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES : The Senior Administrative Assistant/Office Manager will provide administrative support to the Executive Director and Senior Staff. We seek an administrative professional who is on the ball, detail oriented, and enjoys providing backup and support to busy program staff.
Specific duties and responsibilities include:
Work closely with the Executive Director and Director of Operations to support all administrative aspects of nine-person office:
- Serve as first point of contact in the office with the general public and membership: staffing the front office; answering phones; responding to general inquiries and requests for legal assistance.
- Perform office duties, including managing the mail, maintaining office supply inventories, copying, and filing.
- Maintain, update and secure hard copy and electronic filing systems, implement efficient and effective filing procedures, observe all confidentiality restrictions.
- Manage and troubleshoot office systems, including telephone, voicemail, and information technology. Contact and interface with vendors, customer service, and IT support as necessary.
- Perform basic bookkeeping and manage annual reporting for organization.
In addition, this position will work with Senior Staff to:
- Monitor and oversee maintenance of office equipment.
- Schedule and coordinate meetings, appointments and travel arrangements for staff.
- Assist with preparing agendas and supplemental materials and supplies for meetings.
- Provide assistance to the development program including data entry, financial reporting, and assistance with donor events.
- With other staff, plan and organize public outreach events.
Qualifications : Strong commitment to and understanding of the mission of the ACLU. Work experience that demonstrates professionalism, a strong sense of discretion and an ability to take initiative to resolve problems and to exercise good judgment in stressful circumstances. Exceptional interpersonal skills, attention to detail and work ethic required. Good team player. Willingness to take on new issues and learn new skills. Demonstrated computer literacy. Commitment to and understanding of diversity; a personal approach that values the individual and respects differences of race, ethnicity, age, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ability and socio-economic circumstance. QuickBooks and bookkeeping experience preferred. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Contribute to a positive and welcoming workplace atmosphere.
As an organization committed to civil liberties and civil rights for all people, the ACLU of Maine continues to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and encourages women, people of color, persons with disabilities, transgender, bisexual, lesbian and gay person, and people of all ages to apply.
idealist.org - 30+ days ago